Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

50th Anni 991 Special Retro Edition unveiled [£92,257]

The reason the PowerKit option is cheaper than normal Carrera pricing is that the PowerKit pack has been supplied inclusive of PSE (ie XLF + X51) since 997.

As the 911.50 comes with XLF as standard, the PowerKit option is just that (X51), not the PowerKit pack.

50th Anni 991 Special Retro Edition unveiled {£92,257]

In isolation, the three colour-ways and pieces of bling look OK. However, in my opinion, the design features and other minor tweaks probably do not do justice to celebrating the world's greatest all-round sports car on its 50th anniversary. :?

Add in a few options and a power kit to the 50th SRE and you're in reasonably speced GT3 territory - unfortunately, nostalgia would not win over technology/ability in this instance and it would have to be a GT3 every time. Sorry for the negativity.

+1

The more I think about (or look at) it, the more desultory and disrespetuful this offering is.

Some new (borrowed from model higher up the food chain) wing mirrors, blingy trim, some "limited edition" alloys (until next model year, when they will be optional across the range, like the SportClassics), a few ticks in the option boxes (included in price uplift), comedy seat patterns and some badges are par for a bi-annual Ford Fiesta "special edition", not one of the worlds longest surviving motoring icons celebrating its Golden Jubilee.

:nooo:

GT4 said:
Some new (borrowed from model higher up the food chain) wing mirrors, blingy trim, some "limited edition" alloys (until next model year, when they will be optional across the range, like the SportClassics), a few ticks in the option boxes (included in price uplift), comedy seat patterns and some badges are par for a bi-annual Ford Fiesta "special edition", not one of the worlds longest surviving motoring icons celebrating its Golden Jubilee.

:nooo:

+1 Spot on!
As people have already said, I think Porsche should have added the beefed-up power-pack to this model, and perhaps have charged a few extra 000s to compensate.

(Plus, customers should not be able to significantly spec-change this model!)

T8 said:
Love it. :thumb:

There's conflicting reports of how many colours it'll be available in. Some say 2, others say 3. Personally I'd have just released one.

My updated view ...........

I was really looking forward to seeing the 911-50 'in the metal' but when the time came I was sadly a bit underwhelmed by it.

I still really like it in what I assume is 'geyser grey' - the colour in the feature that launched this thread - but imo it looks very ordinary in a darker colour.

As GT4 (and others) has already said, it is disappointing that the spec' isn't top of the range. I would have thought that such a special anniversary edition would be 'specced' to the hilt and only available 'as is'.

T8 said:
I was really looking forward to seeing the 911-50 'in the metal' but when the time came I was sadly a bit underwhelmed by it.

+1

Photos I thought it almost worked, though fabric a bit too much. In the flesh a bit bland, perhaps the colour.

Is it just me, or do some of the those road photos showing both cars make the 991 look like a mini Panamera??

Perhaps its just the size vs the 1963 911

jeffa32 said:
Is it just me, or do some of the those road photos showing both cars make the 991 look like a mini Panamera??

Just you, I think jeffa.

The 991 is a bit bigger than the 997 but the profile means it's still very obviously a 911.

The facelifted Panamera looks more 911 like so I'm eagerly awaiting the 'Pajun' (Panamera Junior) hoping it will be a truer '4 seater 911'.

The Panamera is 19 inches longer than the 991 and 5 inches wider so hopefully the 'Pajun' will be somewhere between the two.

Hmm very very nice :thumbs:

In fact

Worth it?

I always loved these when they came out - and they still look great to me.

They're on for 90-110k now; what do you think, worth it? A good buy long term?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back