Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

50th Anni 991 Special Retro Edition unveiled [£92,257]

GT4 said:
freddie44 said:
Agreed on all counts GT4 except that rear grill. I like that and is smarter than the 4's reflective strip (+ obviously its only rear wheel drive = :D )

Mmmm very nice indeed :thumb:

I meant the top air-intake grill (complete with bizarrely anachronistic LED high-level brake light :?), not the strip between the spoiler and PU.

On the darker car it looks OK (perhaps as it is further away), but on the cream coloured car :yuk:

porsche-50-911-11.jpg

Ah ok yes I see. I'll still take one though :)

I love the Farrow and Ball paint colour on this one :thumb:

and a comparison of the 19" 997 Sport Design Fuchs Alloys verses the latest 20" 911-50 Fuchs Design Alloys...

porsche-50-911-6.jpg

Attachments

• fuchs_997_19_354.jpg
    fuchs_997_19_354.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 25,950
  • fuchs_997_19s_343.jpg
    fuchs_997_19s_343.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 25,948
Too common - 1,963 units :hand:

I do like it. Now all I need to do is get my car included in the inevitable OPC showcase event :roll:

Not sure......

I dont like the seats at all. Leather seats painted to look like fabric for the centre panels..... Minging. :hand:

I also don't like all the logos everywhere. Why does it have to have writing all over it? Everyone knows its a porsche so surely that doesnt need to be there?

I do like the spec however but agree they've missed a trick by not putting the more powerful unit in the rear. PASM, PSE, Fancy headlights etc etc. and a 2wd widebody (rather than a 2wd coupe with a turbo / c4s front end) make it the 991 to own.

How much would a 4s with these options be to spec? (and can you delete some of the writing)??

That is so nice.love it .i want them wheels :worship:

I see that it has arrived on the configurator. Options fiends will be able to add the powerkit if they want and it is possible to push it up to the £120k range if you like your leather trim and so on :eek:

rpm said:
I too am surprised that the Powerkit isn't included (maybe to keep the cost the right side of £100k) - but I think they've done a good job.

That doesn't make sense to me (their market positioning, not your analysis), if they don't think they can shift 1,963 limited edition "50th Anniversary" specials globally in a year unless "bargain basement" priced, means they obviously don't think it is actually that desirable, which kind of defeats the object.

They had no problems shifting the already mentioned SportClassic for almost twice the money of the subsequent SportClassic-lite (GTS).

Most previous special editions (Annis, Millenium, Speedster etc) pretty much had the kitchen sink thrown at them.

Pretty poor show you have to modify the 50th Anni yourself.

It also dilutes the purity of the supposedly unique model definition if every owner can have such substantially different build specs.

They might as well allow you to spec a normal Carrera S as you like, but with an "Anni pack" for the hideous tartan and gaudy badging.

Wow!!

I love it..... I want it :sad:

Is it available in RHD?

I liked the 1970's tartan in 1970's models

I liked the 1980's pinstripe in 1980's models.

I dislike the 1970's tartan in 2010's models.

But I hate the woven sandals inspired 997 SportClassic seats:

porsche-sport-classic-espresso-natural-woven-leather.jpg

That new tartan again:

kgR0jana.jpg

and the rear grill:

fKIIZfCa.jpg

I get your point. But as it's a cynical marketing exercise in nostalgia, I think the hounds tooth is as good as any seat fabric from the past.

Could be worse, the 928-era fabric didn't make an appearance.

100_12091239595988.jpg

Wow!

Stare at those seats too long and you need a downer.

dizzy.gif

Love it, especially the slate grey.
4k more than a 4s but you get sports exhaust a 4s shell and a few bits more (not sure what).
Looks as though the powerkit is cheaper at 7.6k.
Problem is a standard 2s or 4s you would probable get a good 6-10% off list where as I doubt they would budge so it probably works out cheaper to buy a 4s or 2s and add more toys. but if I could afford 100k.........I would ordering in heart beat!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back