Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Thinking about getting the New 991 Turbo S?

What would you choose?

• Get the New 991 Turbo S?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep the 991 C2S?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
There's no contest - Porsche Turbo hands down every time wins it for me and a load of others. There is no car that when you ask bald gits in their 50's what car poster they had as a kid - most will tell you a Porsche and that too the iconic 911 and of the 911 the 1975 poster of the iconic Porsche Turbo 3/4 angle from a balcony shot showing off the flared arches and the whale tail spoiler. Etched into my memory ever since I was a student at Uni. Then there's the image of the Griundhog ad for Michelin tyres - the caricature that Michelin used was the 911 Carrera.

Italian exotica? The only heads it will turn is the Finance Director of the garages and workshops. Take it out foir a 50 mile spin, next day spend two days in the workshop. Bit like Berlusconi - has the passion and desire but does he have the stamina with all those gorgeous Italian women in one night? The Porsche is stamina - just relentless performance day in/day out. Maintenance is a lot less than an Italian as well.

You can guess which camp I'm in right?

dipesh.tank said:
It's funny how 997 owners seem to say the 991 is better looking, etc, etc

I think the 991 is better looking than the 997 :wink:

Better looking than a 993? That will be debatable!

~ Maxie

Swapping my nov 2012 turbo for a turbo s for jan 2014 delivery. Can't wait but won't get a white one again too difficult to keep clean particularly tar spots

At this moment in time, I've decided I'm going to keep hold of my 991 C2S for now, (I'm loving it and not even had it one year!) wait till I see the new Turbo S in the flesh and get a test drive then go from there.

At 140K you have to ask yourself is it really worth another 50K over a 991S? Can you use all that power on UK roads?

parm said:
Swapping my nov 2012 turbo for a turbo s for jan 2014 delivery. Can't wait but won't get a white one again too difficult to keep clean particularly tar spots

Previously having had Atlas Grey to what I have currently it was Atlas that showed the dirt and grime more, but yes the tar spots do show.

My last TWO cars have been WHITE and I've found them the easiest cars to keep clean, I had a Black Range Rover and that was the hardest car to keep clean!

Seems weird but it's true!

Maxie said:
dipesh.tank said:
It's funny how 997 owners seem to say the 991 is better looking, etc, etc

I think the 991 is better looking than the 997 :wink:

Better looking than a 993? That will be debatable!

~ Maxie

In which case it definately won't be better looking than the 964.
What about the 996? :floor:

MC

netguru said:
My last TWO cars have been WHITE and I've found them the easiest cars to keep clean, I had a Black Range Rover and that was the hardest car to keep clean!

Seems weird but it's true!

Yeh my other 911 Turbo is white and I find that easier to keep clean then my Titanium grey one. My black 928 is a nightmare to keep clean, black looks the best but only when its clean and it needs to be cleaned after every drive which is a bit of a pain.

P.S. cheshire911, the italian cars are still great but your right again, they cost thousands to maintain. My Maserati suspension fault cost $7000 to fix, the engine ecu failure cost $9000 to fix, its a money pit but I still love it

In my budget range the only Italian cars that come in range (after a stretch I might add) are Ferrari 360 Modena, Maserati Gran Sport (I am off the Quattro Porte on account of someone mentioning to me the horrendous cost of changing cam belts too frequently) and possibly a very early Lambo Gallardo. Of the three the Modena might be the one I aspire to before I die - because there seems to be more indys looking after Fezza's than there are looking after lambo's or Massers.

I love my X50 Turbo too much to part company so will stick with it for quite some time un til the Fezza starts an itch that is too strong to ignore. Just waiting for the Fezza to drop in price more.

Outside of the Italian stuff the only other car might be an Aston Martin DB9 (because of the James Bond image it conjures up - I like mine shaken not stirred and my Martini must be dry)

pzero said:
parm said:

Previously having had Atlas Grey to what I have currently it was Atlas that showed the dirt and grime more, but yes the tar spots do show.

I think I made it worse by having a complete clear vinyl wrap for protection and I didn't realise at the time you can't upset he normal solvent based tar spot removers. I'm surprised the grey showed the grime so much. Shame really as I think the lighter colours show the vents and enhance the curves if the car. Oh we'll I do enjoy polishing it!!

I think I made it worse by having a complete clear vinyl wrap for protection

Really? Got a pic of that?

Is the thread about the car on the Geek on the Bonnet ?
Maybe the question on the 991 Turbo is secondary ?

If I find myself having to ask somebody else about whether or not I should do something, it generally means that I want to, I'm going to, and I'm just looking for some external justification for it. Just get on and do it, you know you want to.

MC

MisterCorn said:
If I find myself having to ask somebody else about whether or not I should do something, it generally means that I want to, I'm going to, and I'm just looking for some external justification for it. Just get on and do it, you know you want to.

MC

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back