Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Jonttt's 993 C4S Journal

If your current tip retaining strap bolts are fresh it's a 5 minute job. I would take it to Kwik fit and I bet it would cost you a tenner if your really not handy with even basic spanner work ;-)

Vesuvius 2S, very nice :thumb:

Jon, I think what you are doing with car is great and puts me to shame as I don't really know one end of a spanner from another. Couldn't you have bought a 964 though? I wouldn't feel so incompetent then. :coat: :bow:

jonttt said:
If your current tip retaining strap bolts are fresh it's a 5 minute job. I would take it to Kwik fit and I bet it would cost you a tenner if your really not handy with even basic spanner work ;-)

Vesuvius 2S, very nice :thumb:

Thanks Jon

I would have liked to have seen you and your car at Gawsworth but I was in Rome. Sadly, you had much the better weather that day!

I have just looked at my original invoice and I have now owned my wonderful car for just over 10 years!

I'm sure that I am capable of doing more but I live in an old Georgian Terrace without a garage! The car is garaged in a private rented garage about a mile away. It is so narrow that I get a round of applause from the local residents whenever I reverse the car into it! It would be quite impossible to do any work in it!

Also, I don't have any equipment to raise the car up to perform such tasks as changing the exhaust tips, but even if I did, I wouldn't contemplate tasks such as changing the lights etc.

I might just accumulate a number of jobs and have them done whenever someone else is working on the car?

The OPC is Wilmslow is generally excellent and in the past they have fitted braided hoses etc that I have bought myself without charge, comment or complaint.

Sadly, I bought the exhaust tips in January when the car was in for a service and MOT. They didn't arrive until a few days later so I could hardly expect them to fit them for free.

I have brought them home and I might have a go, but I suspect that I would at least need a high kerb to reverse up to, so as to avoid the requirement for lifting gear!

My limitations aside, you have done a fantastic job with your still relatively new purchase and I look forward to seeing you and the car at a meet in the near future.

Sounds like you have a good relationship with your local OPC so saving jobs up and getting them to do them is a good option.

I'm getting some of the larger jobs eg suspension done by an indie in a couple of weeks. Even though I could do them myself (and just pay for an alignment) I have to balance time with other commitments and I really need to drive the car more than I have.

Will definitely catch up at one of the shows as I'd love to see a Vesuvius in the flesh :thumb:

Ps Rome is one of my favourite cities and I get there most years but have usually been lucky with the weather even in the winter months though there was some snow on the floor when I was there last year :eek:

Some new pictures prior to going to the Classic & Performance Car Show at Tatton Park today.......

Great day for it Jon :thumb: Couldn't make it due to work commitments and still scraping flies off the front following my attendance at the Midlands meet :pc:

The 'lamps' on mine must be sponsored by Pifco and 3 x candlewatts a piece judging by the late evning drive on an unlit M6. I need to get these changed :nooo:

Looks great Jon. :thumb:

It was a good day for it Zingari!

And as always, some of the cars on the Car Park were more than a match for those in the Show!

There was a lovely Arctic C4S in the Car Park, registration S*** RKK.
I'm not sure if its anyone's on here?

Cars looking good Jon.

Took mine to Tatton Park this afternoon.

Threads like this make me wish I knew more about cars. Although I did check my headlamp switch light and it doesn't work. Never realised it was supposed to! So ordered a new bulb last night, I think even I should be able to fix this one.

Headlights are poor compared to newer cars. Considering the HIDs from ToreB if I can get someone to fit them and show me. Have to be nice to someone at the next TIPEC meeting.

I haven't been following every page of this thread Jon, I dip into it now and again. In short, it's inspirational.
I think you have your C4S looking in fantastic condition, very pleasing on the eye and beautiful in Arctic, as are any well sorted 993 for that matter, but I'm a sucker for the wider hip.

Still a work in progress but I'm pleased how it's coming together and really enjoyed a good drive in it today.

I was parked not far away from the twin of mine. I enjoyed a walk around the car jumble and picked up a perfect small picnic set for the boot of the 993. Just big enough for the obligatory bottle of champers and Churchill :)

And as always, some of the cars on the Car Park were more than a match for those in the Show!

There was a lovely Arctic C4S in the Car Park, registration S*** RKK.
I'm not sure if its anyone's on here?[/quote]

S***RKK would be me. Not a regular poster on here I'm affraid, tend to dip in for a good read from time to time. :thumbs:

Good day at Tatton, doing a little research on MGB's for the good lady - early days but she seems keen! :grin:

Not on the same level but thanks to this thread I now have a working light switch.

P1000300 by m_slater, on Flickr

I wish all fixes were this easy!

:thumb:

I think working light switch bulbs will become the benchmark against which a well looked after 993 will be judged :dont know:

You'll be wanting your own mod soon Jon ala Mr Hollamby :D

Fantastic thread BTW, top work :thumb:

Lol its was Dom who inspired me to do it (I just did it better :D ).

It should be known as the essential Dom-mod :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back