Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My own Macan 'spy pics'!

Roro

:D

Spotted on the A6 to Mannheim on Saturday

null_zpsdaa7ed79.jpg

null_zps8e17edeb.jpg

null_zps38cda3d4.jpg

null_zpsff0759da.jpg

null_zps6498bae5.jpg

I had stopped off for fuel and gone in to pay. On the way out of the shop, I opened the door and saw these 2 Macans filling up. I walked over wanting to talk to one of the guys, but he was avoiding eye contact (probably thought I was a paparazzi nutter). So I said "when can I buy one?", ... which was ignored... I then pointed to my GT3 and said "I have this car, I want a Macan too!". Realising I was a Porsche owner he smiled and said "Ohhh, but you already have a very nice car" and I said "Yes I have this - and Fiat 500 - which I want to replace with the Macan!", to which he replied it'll be on the roads from January.... Quite a long wait but should be worth it I think.... :thumb:

I was surprised by how low slung they both were, they look much lower than the Q5 which I think is what these are based on. Think the roofline must have been at least 6" lower than a Q5...? It certainly didn't feel like a big machine standing next to it, in the way a Cayenne can tower over you (... or me...).

The relatively large wheels in comparison to the body size gave the baby-SUV's a very muscular and athletic appearance. Especially the Macan at the front, with the quad exhausts, this sat lower than the other Macan and had a real mean vibe to it, looks-wise.. I had to make a move so didn't get to hear the engines, would have been good to know whether the quad exhausts were connected to a juicy V8 ...

So, have you ordered one in Riviera yet?

In photos it looks just like a Cayenne. I take it it's different in the metal?

Looks great in my eyes. And it'll be a great success. I'm sure.

Good spy-shot, Roro and nice description. 6" lower than a Q5, though?

~ Maxie :thumb:

@ Pzero - Riviera is just for GT cars :grin: 8) .. When I get round to ordering one of these it will probably be silver or white :thumb:

@ isysman, Maxie - From a distance does look like a Cayenne, but proportions are much slimmer. So for instance the guy filling up in the first pic was probably a bit taller than me so maybe 5'10/11" - a Cayenne (and Q5?) I'm sure would be up to about the top of his head as opposed to around his shoulders which is where the Macan sits. I liked the proportions a lot, in person it seemed large enough to be practical family car but also looked quite sporty and chuckable. It had a very nice feel to it overall, looked quite special I thought, can't wait to see what it looks like without the camo!

Wow, eyesight really does fade with old age.

G T 4 - CAN YOU SEE THIS? YOU NEED TO PUT ON YOUR GLASSES.

NO, G L A S S E S - NOT BUS PASSES...

So I am assuming the running joke from Saturday never got out of the traps?

I suspected as such, so in the same vein as lodging a sealed, dated letter with your solicitor, only to be opened on the sad demise of someone's sense of humour, I present one of your previous (date-stamped) Cayenne vs Macan threads:

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=73636

:wink:

No I did get it, I just wanted to take the p out of your 'online age' again :D

Also, it appears like a shrunken Cayenne in spy pics as that's what they want you to think with all that camo - I reckon the real thing will look quite distinctive in the same way the 991 and Cayman could look similar but aren't doppelgà¤ngers :bandit:

:eek:ld:

Distinctive :dont know:

Stinky :yes:

porsche_macan_rear-detail.jpg

porsche_macan_rear.jpg

To my mind, the present Cayenne is already a small 4x4 when compared with RRs and other full size 4x4s...how much smaller can the Macan be?

Roro said:
.... Looks better here -

null_zpsf0dc1cb8.jpg

Might be better in Riviera :dont know:

It looks like they are going for the traditional 911 rear look which was missing on the 996 C4 and only introduced on the C4S, similarly on the 997 C4S "

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back