Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Is the C4S 991 the best sportscar in the world?

tallmat said:
er, am puzzled by the

"And if you're being sensible ...... Residual Value"

All 911s depreciated, but 996 and 997 by more proportionally than their predecessors. Just look at current 996 values relative to original list prices.

Can't see any good reason why 991 will be any different, fine car though it is.

997s have depreciated at roughly same rate as most of its peers, early £20k now for decent 60k milers.

All supercar brands seem to depreciate more than 10-15 years back - perhaps due to production numbers being so much higher? Even Ferrari's suffer (519 & 612) feature on 10 worst depreciating cars.

I'm not sure pre 996/997 cars depreciate of appreciate any more. Except for the real early classics, these mid term 911's just seem to pass from one enthusiast to another for roughly the same money all the time give or take couple of grand. It's a funny old market, more like a custodian's club.

I was in OPC this morning with the 996, ogling the showroom they had a cayman, £61K with some extras (folding mirrors are an extra) and a cooking 991 with extra's pushing the price north of £80K.
All very nice and I love those platinum coloured wheels.
Is the 991 the best sportscar in the world.

I would ask have you tried a 997 GT3 or GT3RS :bow:
That is a sports car.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back