Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 Supersport 3.2 drive shaft removal 1989

SupersportJay

Afternoon

Just had MOT fail split drive shaft gaitor {inner gaitor}

How easy are the drive shafts to remove ? any special tools required ? done a few Google searches and not much coming up

any advice pre strip down welcomed...

Jay

done

quite simple process..... just the castle nut on the end of the drive shaft is VERY tight...

Can i suggest that you change all four gaiters, i had one split on my SSE , so i thought if ones split the others will follow shortly

Just a thought

Mike

hiya

I am doing the pair on the shaft I have taken out then the other shaft I will do when the engine comes out on October

arrrgg

CV boots arrived today...... started to fit and the wrong ones sent..... too large... I need a large opening of 65mm and these are 85mm....... damn crapy ebay sellers.... time to ring proper suppliers tomorrow ....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back