Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Turbo Tail Pipes

DRZ911

Mugello
Reasonably impressed by the overall styling of the new Turbo. Think it successfully builds on the 991 styling themes and takes them to the next level. :D

Pleasantly surprised by the bigger "ass" at the rear end - gives the car an extra wide, purposeful and menacing stance! :cloud9:

However, don't get the "split design" dual tail pipes - they don't seem to fit in with rest of the car. :yuk: GT3 exhaust way better looking. Anyone else share this opinion?

Not sure, I don't mind the look of the twin pipes and I'm hoping it is indicative of a better sound than the 997...

Yes.

I don't understand the "engineering logic" behind it.

You have 6 cylinders and 2 banks.

These numbers don't divide well into 4 tail pipes.

On the conservative side, maybe one large oval/elliptical pipe per side could possibly have had much more impact and flowed more elegantly with the overall style of the car.

On a slightly more ridiculous approach, maybe a central grouping of 3 circular pipes (à  la 458) might have given a more distinctive and relevant appearance.

Either way, just my opinion, an opportunity missed to really consolidate the rear end. :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back