Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Jonttt's 993 C4S Journal

jonttt said:
mohitos said:
Which bulbs did you opt for - 4300k or 6000k ?

I went for the 4300k

Why would you fit inferior 6000k ?

Never afraid to ask a dumb question.... Aren't 6000k bulbs more powerful?

mohitos said:
jonttt said:
mohitos said:

I went for the 4300k

The k refers to the wavelength and hence colour of the light emitted by the bulb. Higher up the scale towards 6000k the light will have a bluish tinge.

mohitos said:
jonttt said:
mohitos said:

I went for the 4300k

Some people prefer the look of 6000k (blueish) but they are less efficient especially in the wet so those who fit them are placing cosmetic effect over efficiency ;-)

I actually prefer a white light in any event

Ah - in that case 4300K is a great choice !

mohitos said:
Never afraid to ask a dumb question....

A brain surgeon once told me that he is no cleverer than anyone else, he just asked more dumb questions and had a good memory.

That is a true story by the way. I had been dating his daughter for 6 months and when he later asked me what I saw in his daughter I told him that was a dumb question (she was a stunner ;-) He spat out a glass of red wine over the lounge curtains which did not go down well with his mrs. You had to be there, it was funny at the time honest. In fact I'm chuckling remembering it now so thanks for that :D

What is it with fat ar$es :D

New company toy, completely custom including frame, hand build by Harley Davidson....

and before anyone asks, no it does not corner well :nooo:

Only had time for a quick job today which was Gummi Pflege application to all rubbers.

This is a well known product in BMW circles and has a practical purpose as well as cosmetic. It aids older rubber to create a better seal and has proved invaluable on my roady.

Perfect morning for a quick exterior hand detail as it was warmish but no direct sunlight....

To the touch the paint did not feel too contaminated but its always amazes me how much difference a quick clay bar makes with the paintwork feeling like butter afterwards.

A quick wash and then a fresh clay bar and plenty of lubrication

Its amazing how much contamination a clay bar can remove

Followed by a sealant and wax

All done in time to watch the Liverpool derby game and hopefully a run out this evening :D

I'm hoping to make it to the classic car event at Gosworth Hall tomorrow.

jonttt said:
I'm hoping to make it to the classic car event at Gosworth Hall tomorrow.

http://www.gawsworthhall.com/carshow.html

Sounds good and not far from me with a nice drive through Wilmslow and Alderley Edge. Weather looking very nice so may tag along :thumb:

May then call in at The Bull's Head on the way home for a snifter :roll:

3p Club

Sounds good, hopefully there will be a few 911UK ers there.

I'll recognise you from your avatar pic. In fact I'm sure I've seen you before somewhere........

Gummi Pflege - great tip thanks :thumbs:

Use the gummi pflege first and let the rubber absorb it for a few hours then use some back to black sprayed onto a cloth. The two combined really make rubber seals like new ;-)

Had a great day out at Gosworth Hall classic car fair today. A great turn out of a selection of Porsches and the 993 were there in force :D

I spent too much time talking to take pictures.

Was great to meet Zingari and his rather cool wide body 964,

Alistair I'll give you a bell when I get the RSR's fitted ;-)

Whilst the car was clean I had to take some pics later though partly to document planned changes coming up :)

Cracking day out and great weather. Plus I have the sunburn to prove it :coat: The Silver Surfer performed very well and despite the heat for once the air was cool enough through the vents the absence of working AC didn't bother me.

(Did anyone see the tall blonde wearing the flimsy semi-transparent shirt dress with thong teetering about on high heels. Oh yeah tittering titters :roll: )

I forgot to mention a cool new feature on the Becker cascade head unit. I'm not sure if this is a feature of the v5.2 software or more likely the BMW 2013 navteq maps with speed camera database integrated but the head unit now gives 3 warning beeps when approaching fixed speed cameras. It even does this when you not using the navigation ie the unit just has to be switched on. It really is a cool new feature.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back