Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 2013 991 Porsche 911 TURBO & Turbo S are here+ NEW

ladenfranz said:
Quite interesting. But I'm still looking for the money. :D

May be a group buy? 10K as deposit will work out cheap :puh:

update

I am going to check on the configurator and see for sure about the manual.

no manual shift..mistake in the letter then :nooo:

Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Engine

Engine layout Rear engine
Layout / number of cylinders 6
Displacement 3 800 cm³
Power 383 kW (520 hp)
at rpm 6 000 - 6 500 1/min
Max. torque (Nm) 660 Nm (Overboost: 710 Nm w. Sport Chrono Package)
at rpm 1,950 - 5,000 1/min (Overboost: 2,100 - 4,250 1/min w. Sport Chrono Package)
Compression ratio 9.8 : 1

Fuel consumption

Urban in l/100 km 13.2 l/100 km (21 mpg)
Non-urban in l/100 km 10.5 l/100 km (27 mpg)
Combined in l/100 km 9.7 l/100 km (29 mpg)
CO2 emissions in g/km 227 g
Tire Labelling see attachment

Transmission

Driveline layout All-wheel drive with map-controlled multi-disc clutch, Porsche Traction Management (PTM), PTV Plus incl. fully variable electronically regulated rear differential lock, standstill management with hold function
Manual-shift gear not available
Automatic transmission available yes
Automatic transmission 7-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) with manual controls on the steering wheel and gear selector

Chassis and suspension

Front axle McPherson, Independent suspension on lateral control arm/trailing arm, PASM, stabilizers
Rear axle Multi-link rear axle, PASM, stabilizers
Steering Electromechanical power-assisted steering with variable steering ratio optional: speed-sensitive power-assisted steering (Power steering Plus)
Brakes 6-piston al. monobloc callipers FA, 4-piston al. monobloc callipers RA, internally perforated and ventilated composite brake discs (Ø 380 mm), Porsche Stability Management (PSM) optional: PCCB
ABS Standard (ABS 8,0)
Size with tyres (front) 8,5J x 20 ET51 245/35 ZR 20
Size with tyres (rear) 11J x 20 ET56 305/30 ZR 20

Body

Length 4,506 mm
Width 1,880 mm
Height 1,296 mm
Drag coefficient (Cd) 0.31
Wheelbase 2,450 mm
Unladen weight (DIN) 1,595 kg
Unladen weight (EG) 1,670 kg
Permissible gross weight 1,990 kg

Capacities

Luggage compartment volume 115 l
Fuel tank 68 l

Performance

Top speed 315 km/h (195 mph)
Acceleration from 0 - 100 km/h (0 - 62 mph) 3.4 s (3.2 s Sport+)
Acceleration from 0 - 160 km/h (0 - 100 mph) 7.4 s (7.1 s Sport+)
Flexibility (80-120 km/h) (50-75 mph) in 5th gear x
In-gear acceleration (80-120km/h) (50-75 mph) 2.0 s (1.9 s Sport+)

Service and Warranty

Main service interval 30.000 km / 2 years
Warranty period 2 years without mileage limit
Rust warranty 12 years
Paint warranty period 3 years

You have two options:

1) Take on-board, there is NO manual

2) sue Porsche up the wazoo until they fit one, and then pray the development costs make them conclude that the GT3 could do with one too, if only to distribute the fixed overhead cost variance (that should press a few Stuttgart accountant's hot buttons enough to stop messing with a winning formula)

Tony 991S said:
You purchase it and hope it's as good as you believe :thumb:

Certainly saves the PPI costs of getting involved :thumb:

Id wager strong money that the quoted performance stats are v. conservative for both turbo and S - this car when tested by the press will post sub 3 secs. Porsche have a tradition of down playing their flagship weapon speed and I wouldn't be surprised if the S is down to 2.6 sec 0-62. they always surpass the last model in the real world

thoughts ?

pdj81 said:
Id wager strong money that the quoted performance stats are v. conservative for both turbo and S - this car when tested by the press will post sub 3 secs. Porsche have a tradition of down playing their flagship weapon speed and I wouldn't be surprised if the S is down to 2.6 sec 0-62. they always surpass the last model in the real world

thoughts ?

Yes could well be, the previous model managed 2.7 to 60...

http://media.caranddriver.com/files...sls-amg-911-turbo-srocket-science-comparo.pdf

Some mightily impressive figures there - if the 991 can beat that then I doff my cap :salut:

Yes funny how the TurboS came top of their group test, for the GT2RS to come bottom in a similar one a little later??

The problem with a GT2RS is getting all that power down cleanly from the starting line - that and the lost time with gear changes...

I'd still have one though :grin:

Agreed, I'm surprised there's not a 2wd loony button in the new S... :mrgreen:

Juicy looking automobile
I just hope somebody buys one so at least it makes it down the food chain. Something to look forward to.

chimp911 said:
The problem with a GT2RS is getting all that power down cleanly from the starting line - that and the lost time with gear changes...

I'd still have one though :grin:

Any GT2 vs Turbo times from rest to 60 can often favour the Turbo.

However, from a rolling start in second(from about 25mph) or when dropping down a gear or two and giving it the beans the GT2 is king.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back