Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 2013 991 Porsche 911 TURBO & Turbo S are here+ NEW

After being given a ride in Roro's 997 GT3 a few months back, I have to say I didn't find the ride rock hard; firmer than my Carrera sure but very compliant at the same time. I was pleasantly surprised.

~ Maxie

The GT3 I used to own certainly was, to a then 60 year old :eek:ld:

My dealer also advised against the 991GT3, although he did know I 'used' to have a letter of intent for the turbo

991 Turbo

Got an email from an OPC Re: 991 Turbo

Dear Mr *

The new Porsche 911 (Type 991) Turbo and Turbo S coupé

I am pleased to inform you that the new 911 (Type 991) Turbo and Turbo S coupé models were announced worldwide today.

There are a number of Turbo models available but there is only one 911 Turbo. The benchmark for everything that Porsche builds, the 911 Turbo reaches the pinnacle of what is technically feasible and the latest coupé models are no exception.

Whilst externally the new models remain distinctly Porsche, fitted as standard is rear-axle steering that delivers greater manoeuvrability and safety as well as significantly increasing driving performance. A further enhancement is the introduction of Porsche Active Aerodynamics (PAA) that provides the perfect combination of everyday practicality, efficiency and performance, all achieved in true 911 style.

With a 3.8-litre engine and seven-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) transmission as standard (manual version also available), the latest 911 Turbo coupé produces an impressive 520 hp and generates 660 Nm of torque. The 911 Turbo S coupé delivers 560 hp and with the 'overboost' function as part of the Sport Chrono Package, 750 Nm of torque can be obtained and a 0-62 mph time as low as 3.1 seconds.

Despite all this power, fuel consumption and CO2 emissions are up to 16% better than the previous models, thanks to innovative systems that keep the vehicle weight low and make optimum use of fuel.

The new 911 Turbo coupé and the 911 Turbo S coupé will be on sale from 28 September 2013. Pricing is as follows:

911 (Type 991) Turbo coupé £118,349.00 (incl. VAT at 20%)
911 (Type 991) Turbo S coupé £140,852.00 (incl. VAT at 20%)

An order can be made by placing a £10,000 deposit with our Porsche Centre. Included in the total price is a half day driving experience at the Porsche Experience Centre, Silverstone and a three year warranty.

For more information on the 911 Turbo models please contact us, or visit www.porsche.co.uk

Yours sincerely

S L
Sales Manager

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rear-axle steering improving directional agility

Fitted as standard, the new rear-axle steering improves both performance and practicality. An electromechanical adjustment system at each rear wheel enables the steering angle to be adapted based on the driving situation, steering input and speed.

At low speeds the system steers the rear wheels in the opposite direction to the front wheels, giving the virtual effect of a shortened wheelbase. The turning circle is also reduced providing improved manoeuvrability. At higher speeds there is a continuous transition between steering the wheels in the opposite or same direction (depending on the driving situation) that provides greater agility with no loss of stability.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Porsche Active Aerodynamics (PAA)

For the first time Porsche has used active aerodynamics to provide the lowest possible aerodynamic drag whilst increasing downforce where it is needed. This is made possible by a combination of a variably adjustable front spoiler and rear wing which extend or retract depending on the driving situation.

There are three settings; Start, Speed and Performance. In 'Start' the front spoiler and rear wing are completely retracted increasing everyday practicality and reducing the risk of underbody damage. In the 'Speed' setting, the front spoiler and rear wing are partly extended at speeds above 74 mph ensuring a high level of stability and low aerodynamic drag, whilst enabling a high speed. With 'Performance' activated either via the Spoiler button or in conjunction with the Sport Plus button in the Sport Chrono Package, the front spoiler and rear wing can be completely extended. This high level of downforce on both axles provides the car's full performance potential and helps with braking at a high speed.

Distinctly Porsche

There is no doubt that the design, proportions and contours of the 911 Turbo models are distinctly Porsche. The rear wings are 28 mm wider than on the previous models and provide a more purposeful stance. The height of the car has been reduced whilst the wheelbase is 100mm longer improving stability.

Typical features of the 911 Turbo are the split rear wing and adaptive spoiler which have been completely revised. All the design features make the new 911 Turbo models appear even more powerful than before.

Key statistics 911 (991) Turbo coupé 911 (991) Turbo S coupé
Maximum power (hp) 520hp @ 6,000-6,500 rpm 560 hp @ 6,500-6,750 rpm
Maximum Torque (Nm) 660 Nm @ 1,950- 5,000 rpm 700 Nm @ 2,100-4,250 rpm
Acceleration (0-62 mph) 3.4 secs 3.1 secs*
Top speed (mph) 195 mph 197 mph
Combined (mpg) 29.1 29.1
CO2 Emissions (g/km) 227 227

*With Sport Chrono package as standard.

Anyone tempted :?:

Maxie said:
isysman said:
If the Turbo is only available with PDK then I would consider the GT3 over the Turbo when the time comes.

991 GT3 only available in PDK as well.

A bit of a mixed message on the PDK-only thing for the Turbo. The official email from Porsche GB that came this morning said :
"With a 3.8-litre engine and seven-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) transmission as standard (manual version also available)..."

Those haunches are awesome - I love the fact that the new Turbo is significantly wider than even the C4/ C4S... so much presence, but not ideal for British roads or car-parks though!

Disco said:
Maxie said:
isysman said:
If the Turbo is only available with PDK then I would consider the GT3 over the Turbo when the time comes.

991 GT3 only available in PDK as well.

A bit of a mixed message on the PDK-only thing for the Turbo. The official email from Porsche GB that came this morning said :
"With a 3.8-litre engine and seven-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) transmission as standard (manual version also available)..."

... I'm sure they're doing this specifically to wind up the GT3 crowd... :x

A manual Turbo option when they know 99% will be spec'd as PDK, and no manual GT3 when probably 20-30% maybe higher % would spec it, nice one Porsche

I scanned over the press release and didn't see that there is a manual version available. I agree totally that it seems crazy they will provide a manual turbo but not the GT3? Maybe you will be able to have the turbo gearbox on your GT3?? Haha

isysman said:
Because of the performance figures of the new GT3 I would consider one over a new turbo. I imagined the new turbo would have better performance seeing as how they managed such good figures from the GT3. 0-60 times there is almost nothing in it.

Below is a part of an email I had from local OPC. States manual is an option. Sure that will help put more in a turbo than GT3 judging by animosity over PDK only GT3.

With a 3.8-litre engine and seven-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) transmission as standard (manual version also available), the latest 911 Turbo coupé produces an impressive 520 hp and generates 660 Nm of torque. The 911 Turbo S coupé delivers 560 hp and with the 'overboost' function as part of the Sport Chrono Package, 750 Nm of torque can be obtained and a 0-62 mph time as low as 3.1 seconds

The press release says "As with the latest 911 GT3, the new model will be sold exclusively with a seven-speed dual-clutch auto."

I can't imagine they would develop a manual transmission fo rthe Turbo and not offer to fit it in the GT3 (or some variant). I think the OPC must have been mistaken.

The email I got said manual is an option on the new turbo, so someone somewhere is telling fibs :dont know:

As for the car itself I really can't make up my mind. Had a quick play on the configurator and with my modest *cough* requirements I still managed to nudge £150k which is an awful lot of wonga :eek:

I got a little bit excited at the prospect of 2 active spoilers :food:, but the raw performance figures left me cold. Having already sampled the sound symposer in a 991 test drive last year those tailpipes look aurally promising, and despite an otherwise fairly weak rear, the overall styling looks good. I really don't like the wheels though... :nooo:

If I could imagine for a moment that the 997 turbo s didn't exist (sorry porky :oops:) my money may well be heading towards a GT3 instead...

Quite interesting. But I'm still looking for the money. :D

I call Bullsh!t

(or at least some dimwit setting marketing cut-and-paste to auto-pilot)

Let me see, who might know :?:

7176150542_1dd2492180_z.jpg

"the next 911 Turbo will not have a manual." - Dr Wolfgang Hatz, Head of Porsche R&D.

:dont know:

Porsche Centre XXX said:
Dear Mr Chimp

The new 911 (Type 991) Turbo and Turbo S coupé

I am pleased to inform you that the new 911 (Type 991) Turbo and Turbo S coupé models were announced worldwide today.

There are a number of Turbo models available but there is only one 911 Turbo. The benchmark for everything that Porsche builds, the 911 Turbo reaches the pinnacle of what is technically feasible and the latest coupé models are no exception.

Whilst externally the new models remain distinctly Porsche, fitted as standard is rear-axle steering that delivers greater manoeuvrability and safety as well as significantly increasing driving performance. A further enhancement is the introduction of Porsche Active Aerodynamics (PAA) that provides the perfect combination of everyday practicality, efficiency and performance, all achieved in true 911 style.

With a 3.8-litre engine and seven-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) transmission as standard (manual version also available), the latest 911 Turbo coupé produces an impressive 520 hp and generates 660 Nm of torque. The 911 Turbo S coupé delivers 560 hp and with the 'overboost' function as part of the Sport Chrono Package, 750 Nm of torque can be obtained and a 0-62 mph time as low as 3.1 seconds.

Despite all this power, fuel consumption and CO2 emissions are up to 16% better than the previous models, thanks to innovative systems that keep the vehicle weight low and make optimum use of fuel.

The new 911 Turbo coupé and the 911 Turbo S coupé will be on sale from 28 September 2013. Pricing is as follows:

911 (Type 991) Turbo coupé £118,349.00 (incl. VAT at 20%)
911 (Type 991) Turbo S coupé £140,852.00 (incl. VAT at 20%)

An order can be made by placing a £10,000 deposit with our Porsche Centre. Included in the total price is a half day driving experience at the Porsche Experience Centre, Silverstone and a three year warranty.

For more information on the 911 Turbo models please contact us, or visit www.porsche.co.uk

Yours sincerely

Clive Lueless
New Car Sales Manager

Clive Lueless
New Car Sales Manager

Exactly :thumb:

(hopefully SL won't mind your satire)

Just as an aside, it seems particularly cruel to make CL/SL sign off all his letters stating he has only just started in the job.

Could be worse I suppose, they could have given him the "Trainee Car Sales Manager" title.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back