Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Does the Seven speed manual box rev match?

baxster

Monza
I think that's the term? I have it in my mind that the manual box auto revs when changing down similar to PDK or did I just dream it?

I know the Cayman S 981 does (courtesy of Porsche Post article which I read on the Tube this morning). Not sure if the 991 does the same though.

Roro said:
I know the Cayman S 981 does (courtesy of Porsche Post article which I read on the Tube this morning). Not sure if the 991 does the same though.

Interesting, the 981 2.7 cayman I drove doesn't

Does the 981c come with a 7 spd box? Pretty sure 6 spd manual is standard.

~ Maxie

Actually this was introduced with they announced the 4s.. together with some other optional extras like the "clever" AUTOBAHN cruise control and other little bits and pieces..

The early ones did NOT have it.. I wonder if you can get it retro-fitted with a software update, I would be seriously annoyed if I had a manual and could not get it on my 9months old car...

Maxie said:
Does the 981c come with a 7 spd box? Pretty sure 6 spd manual is standard.

~ Maxie

Oops.

Yes, 6-speed for both.

It is the optional Sport Chrono pack that allows rev-matching, I had only seen this on 3.4S models (although it is avaible on both)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back