Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 Cab - 20k Service Question

911BlackEd

Nurburgring
Just had my first service done after covering 20k, reading in the book, apart from the oil change there is very little to do. But, on convertible models it states 'Maintain and care for convertible top'

Is this just to oil the hinges, or should it have been to re-wax coat the roof?

This is an almost entirely "non-inavasive" procedure.

Just an alignment check, operation check, hydraulic reservoir levels visual check, and seal cleaning/hinge lubrication (where necessary).

It is much like the other vehicle inspection procedures, there is no specific "preventative" or replacement servicing.

The roll-over protection system should be checked every two years too.

There is no fabric top re-sealing/waxing involved.

Thanks Paul, that's sort of what I thought it may be, but just wanted to check.

So, service done, I then pay for their £150 valet... Don't ask, I know I should have had it done elsewhere, but it was convenient..

Would you expect it to be recoated at this point?

911BlackEd said:
Thanks Paul, that's sort of what I thought it may be, but just wanted to check.

So, service done, I then pay for their £150 valet... Don't ask, I know I should have had it done elsewhere, but it was convenient..

Would you expect it to be recoated at this point?

..£150.00 valet...they're having a laugh :roll:

.....or they are using the 50 year anniversary water, specially imported from the mountains of Germany?

It all makes sense now.

Joe Ratzinger stepped-down to oversee the 50th Anni water blessings (he gets 12.5% of the gross)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back