Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 Project - Plan B

paul284pt said:
Hi Guys,

I'm afraid there's not much to report this week are we're still waiting for the induction system from Clewett Engineering in the States. :frustrated:

I love the styling details and little finishing touches of hot rods like the Singers, so I've had this made and I think they have done a brilliant job.

As you can see it's not a stick-on cover it's a complete new replacement face, I can't wait to fit it

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x304/edguitarwizard/
Porsche%20964%20C2/Porsche_964_clock_chrono_heuer_001_zps22847144.jpg

Apologies for lack of content :roll:

Cheers for now,
Paul
I hate the internet..... :thumb:

paul284pt said:
Hi Guys,

I'm afraid there's not much to report this week are we're still waiting for the induction system from Clewett Engineering in the States. :frustrated:

I love the styling details and little finishing touches of hot rods like the Singers, so I've had this made and I think they have done a brilliant job.

As you can see it's not a stick-on cover it's a complete new replacement face, I can't wait to fit it

Apologies for lack of content :roll:

Cheers for now,
Paul

Thats is very cool :worship:

Hi,

I'm glad you like it Fuch & 917k, I couldn't resist :grin:

Paul

I miss my 964 :sad:

I miss my 964

Me too :sad: :sad:

Now I know how Frank felt! Missed Fastlane, sorry Chris.

Again not much to report engine-wise this week but there's a couple of little trinkets to add:

To match the carbon heater duct which Nick is fitting to the new engine I thought a single piece of carbon would look lonely (IMHO too much can look like a dog's dinner) so to balance the books a plug lead/shroud cover.

Also to match the Momo Prototipo and black racing pedals the plan is to add a few other little touches so the exterior door handles are going to be drilled like this and re-anodised black.

The interior door handles will be replaced with these

There is a little good news, Joe Burns the young rider we help sponsor in the BSB Superstock 1000 rode to his first podium finish this season at Oulton Park last weekend with a brilliant ride to 3rd place. He's also currently 3rd in the Championship after scooping regular points, so well done to him:

Hopefully more to report next week.

Cheers,
Paul

Can't wait to see this!!!

OMG - that gauge face is awesome!

I've been toying with a similar idea - you're a bad (great) influence!

Love the project, looking great and glad you're not going for a backdate..

I'm also going to go to Nick for a rebuild though it will be more straightforward than yours. Just a top end and RS cam hopefully.

Frank, I thought you would have been onto that one quicker ha! I can recomend porschedials.com . It would be the perfect match to your Monte-Carlo (I'm leaning towards one myself to match the black) I could say the same about you mate, you must have generated millions $ in upgrades for other people's projects. I can see the Queen's Award To Industry coming your direction :grin:

PS Loving your video taster

Love the project, looking great and glad you're not going for a backdate..

I'm also going to go to Nick for a rebuild though it will be more straightforward than yours. Just a top end and RS cam hopefully.

Thanks Jack. I've been keeping an eye on your project too, it will be fantastic when you have the engine done along with your weight-loss programme! I might get to see it in the flesh when I go down to Redtek, whenever that may be :?:

I think we should get together and put pressure on Nick to have little metal plates made to fit on the fan shroud lead covers "Hand-Built by Nick Fulljames" like they do on the Singers :thumb:

Cheers,
Paul

paul284pt said:

Frank, I thought you would have been onto that one quicker ha! I can recomend porschedials.com . It would be the perfect match to your Monte-Carlo (I'm leaning towards one myself to match the black) I could say the same about you mate, you must have generated millions $ in upgrades for other people's projects. I can see the Queen's Award To Industry coming your direction :grin:

PS Loving your video taster

Lol! Well I've got an idea I'm playing around with to stick with my red & black theme. I'll get in touch with them - they've done a stellar job on yours.

Cheers,

Bad Boys Bad Boys

Bad Paul. Bad Frank. Bad Jack. This is like the Cold War Arms race...except we're all on the same side. All of projects are massively inspirational and I could literally build my dream car from bits of all of yours.

It's going to be a great summer,(ever the optimist) and the I really am very excited to see all of your cars in the metal.

I am absolutely loving the gauges, please forgive but I may just have to indulge in some plagiarism.

Haven't been on this forum for a while and I'm just catching up again. So much good stuff.

Bad Paul. Bad Frank. Bad Jack. This is like the Cold War Arms race...except we're all on the same side.
:floor:

All of projects are massively inspirational and I could literally build my dream car from bits of all of yours.

Hi Mike,

That's very gracious of you considering Peppa has drooled over more times than Charlize Theron :thumb:

Haven't been on this forum for a while and I'm just catching up again. So much good stuff.

I really enjoyed your thread on the other channel and I couldn't improve on Frank's so I thought I'd try and contribute something here.

Well, I would if I had anything to contribute at the moment. I'll possibly have more news by the end of this week, I hope.

However I can cast a little crust of bread on the water, the new SRP Racing pedals have arrived:

There are no spikes on the noisy pedal to aid heel-toes.

Cheers for now,
Paul

Pedals look great, as does the carbon fibre

Emailed Porsche Dials - thanks for sharing your experience/ pics. :)

Thanks Frank,

You won't be disappointed with your dial, Ed makes them for Porsche (Classic).

No news from Redtek yet but Nick has a habit of surprising me so maybe something soon.

Oops! almost forgot to mention, I decided you right Frank, I bought a Monte Carlo from Fuji's. My son Edward can have the Heuer Decimal in his '72 Karmann Ghia.

Bad Frank ha!

Cheers,
Paul :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back