Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera Targa Supersport (89) New Owner

leerandle

Just saying hello to all.

I have just bought my first porsche as in the title above.

Picking it up on the 15th Feb from the dealer.

I am looking at buying a good outdoor cover and not sure if you can get special ones for the old 911s with the whale tail.

Any information would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Lee

Hi Lee and welcome to 911uk :bye:

I miss my 3.2 Supersport almost daily :sad:

If i were you I'd take off the whale-tail (looks so much better without it). It's only a few (nine?) screws to remove, though you do need different pistons on the engine lid (as the whale-tail weighs an enormous amount) otherwise it'll knock you out when you open it.

Hi,
Great choice of 911, had my SSE Coupe since last Sept and love it, great looks and iconic 80's feel.
Where did you get yours? They're pretty rare and always checking the ever increasing prices!
As far as the cover is concerned, I've got an indoor cover which incorporates the spoiler (which is essential on the Turbo look)! so pretty sure you'll get an outdoor one.

911 supersport

I eventually got my guards red one from 911sport in Horncastle.
Great looking car with lots of service history.
Picking it up next Friday.
Was trying to get one in black, but just couldn't find the right one.
Found a place on ebay selling 930 outdoor car covers with whale tails, should do the job whilst I get it garaged.

Regards,

Lee

PS Definitely keeping the whale tale, it what I like the most, give the car a real 80's yuppie feel.

Nice motor, I saw it on their website. Definately a bit more peace of mind from a dealer, I got a year warranty with mine.
They do look great in black but a mare to keep looking clean, there's a black one on Paul Stephens website up for 35k!!!! Deposit taken now.....
That must be the best one in the country for that price!!!
Good luck with it and you'll definately be driving off with a massive grin on your face. And you'll have to get used to all the admiring glances from people of a certain age!

Re: 911 supersport

leerandle said:
I eventually got my guards red one from 911sport in Horncastle.
Great looking car with lots of service history.
Picking it up next Friday.
Was trying to get one in black, but just couldn't find the right one.
Found a place on ebay selling 930 outdoor car covers with whale tails, should do the job whilst I get it garaged.

Regards,

Lee

PS Definitely keeping the whale tale, it what I like the most, give the car a real 80's yuppie feel.

Nice one I've had mine for four years and still smile every time I see it in the garage. I've had no trouble with it and you do get people talking to you at petrol stations and thumbs up when you drive along. People don't get upset about these cars they love them. I saw a red targa with only 4000 on the clock up for £45,000 and it went!!! We should all get together in the summer see how many supersports we can get in one place ( would make an amazing photo)

Greg james said:
Nice one I've had mine for four years and still smile every time I see it in the garage. I've had no trouble with it and you do get people talking to you at petrol stations and thumbs up when you drive along. People don't get upset about these cars they love them. I saw a red targa with only 4000 on the clock up for £45,000 and it went!!! We should all get together in the summer see how many supersports we can get in one place ( would make an amazing photo)

Sounds good, there are a few a few owners here and impact bumpers.com
Would definately be a good photo.
Where are you based?

West Midlands

Supersport Targa owner just joined..... location just outside the West Mids {Solihull side}.......

Hello

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back