Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tiff does Bedford in a 991 cab + F-Type Jag

Great video. Really digging the front of the Jag, but the rear is terrible IMO.

For some reason I find the Jag's styling quite odd - to me it's as if it's aged already... The proportions look good, but it just looks strangely old and not in a good way :dont know:

There a road test in this months car magazine
Reminds me of an old story
An American is touring Oxford university and comes across a groundsman tending the lawns
Excuse me sir how do you get your grass so green
I just roll it mow it and feed it sir
Gee that's just what I do , but why is your green so smooth, thick and deep,
But sir eve been doing it here for 200 years

I drove an original 6000 mile e type 5 years ago

Porsche have built the 911 for 50 years
There's been no e type for what 29 years?

Evolution not revolution might be why every sports car road test compares the car to the what car?

I think the F-Type looks lovely until somebody sits in it. Then it looks massive.

As for the performance, no surprise that the weight kills it on track, but the difference betweena manual 3.4 991 and a PDK/DSG F-Type is staggering.

A manual should be slower than a dual clutch on track so a PDK 3.4 991 would embarrass a supercharged F-Type.

However, lap times do not a good car make.

Perhaps the smaller engined car is supposed to be an overpriced competitor to the Cayman and the larger engined car is an underperforming competitor to the 991.

Pedant mode - the Jag is an auto, not a dual-clutch unit.

Just for clarification purposes, which Porsche is the F-type competing against? Or is it competing at all?

(I can't see a base model F-type ie. the V6 & V6S being the choice over a 981 because it seems over-priced for the performance/package on offer. However, I can't see a premium F-type ie. the V8 & V8S being the choice over a 991 given the heritage of the Porsche).

~ Maxie :?:

The 3 models in the range start at 58k, 67k, and 79k. They should have created lighter more agile cars at increments 20k below each of the above. Unless they're killing off the XK? Would make sense to push that up and have this one fight lower down at Boxster level.

I've never really been a Jag fan but must say that the current model range is really good IMO. Jaguar and Ford couldn't get the business to work so who would've thought a pretty much unheard of brand in India could turn it into a success.

And oh my what a stunning car the F-Type Coupe looks, I can see myself in one of those sometime in the near future.

Its a cracking looking car. I have driven the roadsters and thought they were great. No manual 'box though?

Having bought my 997 from the local Jag dealer I was fortunate enough to be given an F-type V6S as a loan car couple of weeks ago.

It is a great machine, the flappy paddle is the first one I have ever liked, my experience with them goes back to a 1995 Alpina.

As a toy the F-type would be great, but not as a commute or daily driver. The finish isn't quite up to Porsche standard, but then neither is my Rangie. Still a great car though and with the roof down a genuine sports car experience - higher rev acceleration is quite something, you really feel the SC getting into its stride. Having had a Mazdaspeed factory SC car before, I have a fondness for belt driven compression and this has to be the best implementation I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing.

The popping and barking exhaust is great fun (but could become tiresome with no off button) and I also really like the door handles.

Would I buy one over a 911? Academic as I couldn't afford an F-type at this time, but I still have a lot of reservations about the 991 - it looks too big to me - so if I was buying new the the Jag might come into it.

jft_857.jpg

Better looking than any 991 I've seen yet, this car is a real problem for Porsche in the UK IMO.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back