Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Options and opinions

Andy_R99

Now I've delayed my car waiting for DAB I now have to reconfirm my spec and I'm having second thoughts on a few things. Would appreciate some real world opinions if anyone has any on the following things.

Glass sunroof - brings more light into the cabin but not sure if I'll use it. Perhaps a personal thing as it serves no specific purpose.

Sports seats plus - what is the real difference between these are the standard seats?

PSE - whilst it might sound good, does it become intrusive on long journeys? Is it really worth £1700?

PDCC - For an average driver is this really worthwhile?

Privacy glass?

Any other must haves or things to avoid?

I know option are a personal thing but interested to hear people thoughts :thumbs:

Glass roof - looks nice as i've got a white car so it breaks the car up nicely. What colour are you having? Would look good on light colour cars like white or silver.

Sports seats plus - i have these too. They are chunker from what i gather. I didn't go for fully electric as it was another £2k

PSE - sounds stunning. Its not intrusive at all as you can just switch it off when just cruising. Definate worth £1700

PDCC - Not got this option. I wouldn't even notice the difference as i'm not really an advanced driver

Privacy glass - same shade as the glass sunroof so looks like one individual piece

What other specs have you added? Here is mine so you can see pics: http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=81805

Sunroof - forget it. in a small car with a bit of sun it will become just too hot and not worth it. Some people who're interested in a long list of options might want to have this as well, so some thought on after sale

PSE, from what I've heard, the S sounds good enough so might not need this. You can however switch this off, so it does not have to be on all the time.

PDCC - unless driven very hard on a track, you will not need this

I have a 6 month old 991 S and if i could only have one optional extra it would be the PSE. The car sounds good with it turned off, but incredible with it on. I normally have it turned on all the time apart from on the motorway as it is a bit noisy when cruising.

I'm a 997 owner so my opinions don't count for much on a 991 forum. But my thoughts if of any use are:

Glass sunroof - definitely makes the cabin an airier place to be. Having had a 996 Targa previously, the new 991 glass sunroof covers the width of the car (unlike the steel sunroofs you find on Carrera 996s or 997s). There is most probably a movable shade that blocks out any light if the cabin is becoming too warm. A nice to have feature; only downside is car looks a bit naff when the roof is open-mode. However, if that doesn't bother you and you like sunroofs, then probably worth having.

Sports seats plus - definitely worth having. I test drove a 991 with the standard sports seats and thought they didn't offer enough lateral support. I would recommend the Plus option in this case.

PSE - as per Dipesh.Tank's statement.

PDCC - I think an average driver would not appreciate the benefits of PDCC. Are you a hard cornerer? If not, then you can forgo this.

Privacy glass? Only covers the rear quarter windows, so I can't see the point of this. I personally prefer a uniform tint all over.

Any other must haves or things to avoid? I've heard the 7-spd manual is worth having.

Happy optioning!

~ Maxie :thumb:

Thanks for the responses so far, all very considered and useful. If there are more opinions out there please bring them to the table. I'll post my final spec soon should anyone be interested.

Thanks again :thumb:

Lucky you, it's your car so have whatever you want.

Personally I would not choose any of the above options not just on a financial basis, but the fact that the car is so good as standard that in my opinion the extra expense on options could be better spent elsewhere on other things in life (you could do an awful lot with that amount of money) or reduce the monthly repayment.

You will of course never get the money back when it comes to selling, though your car may be more attractive to some purchasers it does not add any real value in hard cash.

The car is the star not the options.

Ashley

Sunroof-I wouldn't bother, the car looks naff with it open.

Sports seats-the standard seats are fine

PSE - it does make a LOT of difference, but you'll need to switch it off on the motorway

PDCC- I've got it but I'm sure I don't drive fast enough around corners to notice the difference

Privacy glass-I wouldn't bother

PDK-a big yes :thumb:

PSE - Yes!

Everything else is pretty unimportant IMO, but if you are having PDK make sure you get paddles not buttons :thumb:

Sunroof - I wouldn't bother in the coupe. Just get a cab and go the whole way! I have one and its incredible. The roof is a work of art.

I have the sports seats plus and they are very nice but can't comment vs the standard ones.

PSE is a MUST in my view. Best 1700 you will ever spend and you will regret it if you don't.

Privacy glass - just my opinion but :hand: It ruins the look of the coupe and makes it look like a van. Is the most pointless option ever in a 911. Works in a big 4 door saloon to give the rear occupants some errr... Privacy but in a 911? :nooo: please don't......

PDCC - don't have it so don't miss it.

goodethernet said:
Sunroof - I wouldn't bother in the coupe. Just get a cab and go the whole way! I have one and its incredible. The roof is a work of art.

I have the sports seats plus and they are very nice but can't comment vs the standard ones.

PSE is a MUST in my view. Best 1700 you will ever spend and you will regret it if you don't.

Privacy glass - just my opinion but :hand: It ruins the look of the coupe and makes it look like a van. Is the most pointless option ever in a 911. Works in a big 4 door saloon to give the rear occupants some errr... Privacy but in a 911? :nooo: please don't......

PDCC - don't have it so don't miss it.

I got the privacy glass and sunroof and its the same colour tone and breaks up the car nicely. If i had a black car then i wouldn't have bothered but i got it purely for the look and its nice to have a bit of sun inside too

Glass sunroof - i would actually quite like the light it brings in.. but it will contrast with rest of the car in terms of colour. So i would personally take it on black / grey or silver car.. less so on blue / white or other bright colours. But that's just me.

Sports seats plus - I have the standard seats, which honesly are not the best in the world (my M3 seats were less snug but more comfortable for my lower back, weird). But get the electrics, those are really worth it.

PSE - whilst it might sound good, does it become intrusive on long journeys? Is it really worth £1700? YES

PDCC - For an average driver is this really worthwhile? I have it, but to be honest.. I wouldnt know when it's doing something and when is not.. after a proper blast in the alps this summer i will tell you ;)

If I had specced my car i would probably not have bothered as it's expensive, go for SPASM and 5mm spacers instead

Privacy glass? To be doesnt look good.

Any other must haves or things to avoid? Some say power steering plus, but i actually quite like it.

parking front and back are a must i think / so is auto wiper (no idea why not std) /

maybe aluminum instead of the standard trim ? / sports chrono you need to have for engine mounts i think / sports design wheel absolute must have, it's so much better looking than the standard one is not even funny

bose is ok but didnt find it incredible tbh.. not sure how the standard system is but the burgmeister is just stupidly expensive

i personally love the satin grey wheels which look perfect on black cars (and all other colours too :p

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back