Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 4S

GT4 said:
Jam911 said:
My word this thread is a bit lively...lol

So took a Audi R8 V10 out today.

I was very impressed, it was an absolute rocket ship and very easy to drive. Very easy.

It is unfair to compare it to the 991 4S I drove I guess, as it had way more power, but then again they come out around the same money.

As I said earlier I also drove the new Range Rover last weekend and that is an excellent car, I am only mentioning it here as on the way to drive it I hit a full, across the dual caridgeway, pot hole in my 997 and the resulting crash made me think I had broken an alloy or four and I think the Range Rover would have shrugged it off with effort, but then it should, shouldn't it.

Oh the state of the bloody roads at the moment.

All the cars I tried are , with a spec that I expect, are over £100k which is a lot of money.

I have always loved Porsche and the 991 4S is a brilliant car and I loved the PDK. The interior is lovely and I love the huge sunroof too.

I seem to be sharing the 991 love.

The R8 , is quite an event.

But I have now had a 911 for 2 years and lets not forget that I truly love my 997, it challenges, scares and thrills me. still. And I still think it is a cool car. And not a thoughtless point and squirt drive.

People say the 991 is a softer GT car, having driven a few Aston's I disagree, it has just caught up with the times a little. A bit more luxurious and I would expect that from a car costing over £100k. And yes I am now the wrong side of 40 and oh my poor back !!

The R8 was fun , in sport mode it made me laugh out loud as it changed down at every opportunity and taunted me to put my foot down and the howl from the V10 was intoxicating...but the I love my license too, I think an R8 could sour that relationship, in a week !!!

The Range Rover is fantastic to drive it corners so flat the it made me want to throw it into corner harder each time to see if I unsettle it. It is Bentley standard inside the 7 speed auto is , as smooth if not smoother than the Bentley GT and it looks cool.

But I want a Range Rover and a sports car.

So what am I saying? I am not sure really, we all bitch and moan about this and that and lets remember, we are lucky to be able to drive these fantastic cars and to be able to form these opinions.

So when it come down to it you pays your money and you make your choice...

Now I wonder what a 991 turbo will be like ...

Happy Friday

Cheers

STOP!!!

I have been advised you are not allowed an opinion on any car until you have actually owned it (and never on finance, as that is NOT really owning it).

Once again you try and twist what's been said but then again you're well known on here for doing that :roll: and that's the reason some others don't bother with you.

So I'll also do the same :bye:

Jam911 said:
But I want a Range Rover and a sports car.

Same here - except mine would be the current RRS (Sport)! :D

The new RR is now 'only' 2.5 tons (they managed to lose nearly half a ton somehow!) and they do say that it corners well - amazingly!

Was quite relieved to see the new RRS launch actually. It's a bit too Evoque-esqu for me! It's probably just as well as I'm firmly in the used HSE bracket!

chimp911 said:
I'm sure it will be a fire-cracker, but I don't anticipate any significant leaps forward on the outgoing model,

I do. The 991 C2S and the model it replaced are like night and day, so I would expect the 991 Turbo to put the same sort of gap between itself and the 997. It's going to be £120k+ after all and I bet you won't be able to pay more than £80k for a 997 Turbo by then, the "S" included.

I would imagine it will be quite a car :worship:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back