Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Jonttt's 993 C4S Journal

Welcome

Welcome ! Lovely car !

I thoroughly recommend Unit 11, they have rebuilt my engine and lots of bits and bobs on my RS. I drive all the way from London to use them, excellent in every way. Happy to discuss. In fact I have to go up there in the next month or so for a service so you fancy a coffee. I have always wanted a breadvan.

If your ambers are in excellent condition then I would be interested in buying them

Cheers

Julian

Nice to see you Jon welcome, looks like you have yourself an awesome looking car, hope you are pleased.

More pics would be good, inside too.

Cheers

DP

Lol I feel like I'm parting the car out already and I have not even picked it up yet.

As per PM you have first refusal when they are off the car ;-)

I've had another great recommendation today from a friend who has owned some nice porsches over the years and he always used them. Would be great to meet up there and I may even arrange an inspection with them at the same time. I'm out of the country a fair bit over the next couple of months but let me know when you are going and I'll do my best to make it.

Parksey said:
Nice to see you Jon welcome, looks like you have yourself an awesome looking car, hope you are pleased.

More pics would be good, inside too.

Cheers

DP

Don't worry one thing you will always get from me is plenty of pics.

I'll get plenty up after the first detail.

Welcome Jon.

It looks a lovely car.

Look forward to hearing more about it over the coming months.

What on earth was your last company car :?:

Fulla said:
So with all this talk of hollow spokes do they realy make that much difference to the feel of the car?

I suppose it depends upon what what you compare them to Fulla.

Chris W noticed that mine had replicas on from a photograph that I posted on here. :evil:

I changed them, courtesy of Chris, to a set of hollow spokes. The difference was absolutely immense.

BMW pics?

How about some more pics of your BMW? Looks lovely. Swap you a ride in the BMW for a ride in the RS?

madasasnake said:
What on earth was your last company car :?:

It was a specced up Mercedes S class. Nearly £90k on the road and traded in for just over £20k !

I got fed up with paying high car taxes and so am running a specced up E350 sport now, much cheaper for me and cost less than the depreciation on the S class. I do get to drive some nice company taxi's though :D

We have quite a pool car list:

- x2 Phantoms (coupe and saloon)
- Ferrari F430 roady
- Ferrari 458 coupe
- Nissan GTR
- numerous Rangies (just picked up a new shape)

We've had lots of nice exotica including Lambos, R8's, Mercedes McLaren etc....

I don't tend to take many pics of them but I'll get some up the next time I bring one home for the weekend. I tend to use the phantoms for weekends away as the ferrari's get too much attention of the wrong sort in my experience and lose their sparkle pretty quickly.

He are some older pics for your perusal:

Photo-0010.jpg

DSCF1197.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

DSCF0403.jpg

DSCF0386.jpg

but my fav car of the lot, running at c350BHP and a twitchy ar$e :D

IMG_4420.jpg

IMG_3394.jpg

IMG_3414.jpg

FrontNoBonnet.jpg

17-AllOpenSideIMG_2468.jpg

Re: BMW pics?

Julian Weston said:
How about some more pics of your BMW? Looks lovely. Swap you a ride in the BMW for a ride in the RS?

That sounds like a fair deal but you have to drive it like you mean it :D

Its no good coming back nice a clean 😉

IMG_2180.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
nice first post. welcome to the 993 club!

that car you have bought looks nice... look forward to seeing more pictures and hearing more about it and what you think of it compared to all the exotica you have driven and get to drive.

Lovely Beemer too. Are those schnitzer (sp?) wheels in one of the pictures?

Well jonttt,looks like we have got even more in common.Just asked the mrs to go and give em a feel.Are they bumpy or smooth.To my delight she said smooth(on the back bit)other than what feels like some raised letters or numbers .So have I got hollows as well. :?:

elee said:
Well jonttt,looks like we have got even more in common.Just asked the mrs to go and give em a feel.Are they bumpy or smooth.To my delight she said smooth(on the back bit)other than what feels like some raised letters or numbers .So have I got hollows as well. :?:

Elee you had me worried for a bit there and then realised you were talking about your wheels :thumb:

993S_Ocean said:
......Are those schnitzer (sp?) wheels in one of the pictures?

I've got a few sets for the beemer all 18 inch apart from the OEM which are 17's. The beauty of the Z3m is that it has a very narrow rear axle and wide arches which means you can get away with some wicked dish due to the very low offset (OEM is ET8). However it does mean getting full sets in the correct offsets for the car is not easy and some of the ones I have are rare:

- AC Schnitzer Type III Race (2 piece) (brand new)
- AC Schnitzer Type III (brand new)
- AC Schnitzer Type II Race (3 piece)
- Hamann PG2 (3 piece)
- Rondell 0021 (brand new)
- OEM deep dish

I sold the Breyton Magic Racing shown in one of the pics above. May not mean much to none BMW owners but each of the above are iconic BMW wheels from the 1990's

Well I could not wait and replacement 340mm Raid steering wheel has been ordered.

One justification I had for this was that airbags have a 10 year shelf life. Thats not to say they won't work but that is what they are approved for. So this is officially a safety upgrade if anyone asks :grin:

There is a fair range of choice but I don't really like alcantara or the silver options and carbon did not appeal in this case so finally settled on perforated leather with gloss black trim. Reminds me of a wheel I had on a previous car which I loved.

710322lr.jpg

Should be a straight swap with the hub adaptor onto the 993's single stage system. The last time I fitted one of these I had to convert a 2 stage airbag system to the single stage airbag fitted to these wheels which took some research to make sure I got it right.

I'll be keeping the OEM wheel so will be an easy reversion back to OEM at any time.

I have the added luxury that if I don't like this one in the 993 I can swap it with the full perforated leather one I have in my Z3m.

Nice cars :worship:

jonttt said:
I tend to use the phantoms for weekends away as the ferrari's get too much attention of the wrong sort in my experience
So true... So much easier to blend amongst other cars in a phantom :hand: :grin:

Funny, out of all that exotica, it seems you find the s54 beast so thrilling :thumbs:

Welcome.

I love the Z3m and can never see myself selling it. I think an element of the fun I have with it is due to the fact it's mine.

It's great being able to drive some exotica but I have better memories with the Z3m :wink:

The phantoms are fabulous occasion cars but we used to have the reg BOY1 on one of them and people used to pull up alongside taking pictures assuming it was some boy band inside so we took the plate off.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back