Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bad Nurburgring crash at Bergwerk for a 911 GT3

Porsche News

Car hits fluid then collects the earlier accident.

"Someone had lost cooler ant water at Laud links and there were two accidents before I arrived," said the driver on his YouTube channel.

After crashing into the wall, the Porsche turned around itself twice and slammed into a Mitsubishi EVO all the way at the end of Bergwerk.

Painfull in many ways :eek:

Gutted, has anyone in the uk done the welded coolant pipe??

I must admit that I haven't, I mentioned it a few days ago as a reason for turbo owners to be paranoid. It seems there are two options, either welding the fittings, or simply putting a screw in them. I can see that the screw should work but doesn't seem like a 'proper' fix. It will stop them moving and if the adhesive is good it should stop any movement at all.
I think that when I next have the engine out of mine I'll enquire about getting them all done.

MC

Not nice viewing..

That's seriously bad! I'm surprised there was no-one waving at cars approaching to slow down, especially with so many cars stopped on the track/road. Gutted for the owner! :nooo:

MisterCorn said:
I must admit that I haven't, I mentioned it a few days ago as a reason for turbo owners to be paranoid. It seems there are two options, either welding the fittings, or simply putting a screw in them. I can see that the screw should work but doesn't seem like a 'proper' fix. It will stop them moving and if the adhesive is good it should stop any movement at all.
I think that when I next have the engine out of mine I'll enquire about getting them all done.

MC

I asked Porsche about this but they said they wouldnt weld it because if they ever need that pipe off it'd be difficult and the warranty would be void :dont know:

C2VNY said:
MisterCorn said:

MC

I asked Porsche about this but they said they wouldnt weld it because if they ever need that pipe off it'd be difficult and the warranty would be void :dont know:

I don't really understand that, I thought that these pipes are glued in at production and should be in for life, they are not something that is removed for any service reason. At least, this is the first I have heard of this. Do you have any further details?

MC

Totally gutted been there with bikes it hurts pick up the pieces and move on. :frustrated:

MisterCorn said:
C2VNY said:
MisterCorn said:

MC

I don't really understand that, I thought that these pipes are glued in at production and should be in for life, they are not something that is removed for any service reason. At least, this is the first I have heard of this. Do you have any further details?

MC

I think the first is more a excuse than anything but I'll ask again once it's going in for its service in may/June.
Sorry can't be anymore helpful. It was Porsche gb that told me the above and they said they've never had any leaks or failure and dont see the need to modify that pipe.
I might have it on my mail box but can't find it.

C2VNY said:
Gutted, has anyone in the uk done the welded coolant pipe??

Yes. Done last year as part of a comprehensive rebuild but it wasn't hard to separate some of the pipes from the castings so just caught in time I suspect.

MisterCorn said:

MC

we did them on my old turbo .. I did a thread on here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back