Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964- whats determines the selling price?

whammer

Trainee
Evening Gents- newbie here( so be gentle!)

Had a look through some of the recent posts around whether to purchase/what could go wrong with c2/c4 964's- there seems to be a very wide range of sale prices begin quoted and so I wondered what determines the high/low ££.

Reason being, Im considering selling my much loved 964- ive put alot of money into it in the last couple of years, and by rights should drive it for a few years and get the value back...the questions thats in the the back of my mind is what I can realistically get for my beauty- the range seems to be anything up to £10K differential from high to low or maybe ive got it wrong?!

Its a red 1989 964 C2 a/c/ power steering/seats/leather interior/ sliding sunroof. I bought it from the original owner when it was 10 years old, had barely done 10K miles - was immaculate. Ive driven it 5-6K ish miles a year since and currently have 83K on the clock. I have service records from day one initially AFN and Chelsea Carrera since I took it on.

In the last couple of years I've had a top-end rebuild and bare metal respray a year ago.

Basically anything that's been needed, its had it!

i) Whats's it worth and where's best to get a sensible /accurate quote?
ii) SHould I sell it i.e. is a it a good time to knock it out?

Cheers

If it's as good as you say it'll sell no problem. It appears that all the right things have been sorted so you should easily see mid to high teens for it.

A two owner C2 in the best colour with full service history and rebuild is a sought after combination.

Gents please form an orderly queue!

Just my two pence worth.

Thomas

Never a better time to sell. 964 are the car of the moment. As Ghengis says if your car is as good as it sounds it will sell.

A dealer will look to retail a mint 2 owner fully sorted car (bodywork, suspension, working AC etc) for low £20ks. Remember their mark up can be £4k-£6k so anywhere in the conservative range of £16k-£19k private would be my starting point.

A decent ad with good description of who serviced and when, what has been done and some quality pictures will do it justice.

The better choice would be to keep it. :thumbs:

Hey there.

Tom from 911Virgin here. Your car sounds delightful and typical of the cars we try so hard to acquire. On the basis of the brief description given and subjects to the obvious caveats of seeing the car, I would pay somewhere between £18-£20K for it. I think this is a good shout. Do let me know if I can help.

Cheers
Tom 911Virgin

As a starting point, you could give somebody like 911Virgin a ring and see what they would buy your car in at; you then have the option of selling to them or adding £2-3k to their offer & try a private advert on here and Pistonheads.
Good Luck.
PS: If it's as good as you say, just keep it, better than money in the bank !

Tom, you old devil, you beat me to it !

Hi Tony,

How are you getting on with your 964 ? Saw some pictures you posted up of the old girl on PH the other day, it looked lovely. Take care Tony

Tom

Car sounds very nice indeed and if it needs nothing (very unusual!!) then early 20's and it will sell and sell quickly imo. It is a very sought after model with only two owners and low miles. You have seen the prices being asked, your car will be at the high end, with good advertising and good prep there will be a lot of interest.

ras62 said:
Car sounds very nice indeed and if it needs nothing (very unusual!!) then early 20's and it will sell and sell quickly imo. It is a very sought after model with only two owners and low miles. You have seen the prices being asked, your car will be at the high end, with good advertising and good prep there will be a lot of interest.

I agree with Ras £20k + :grin:

Any pics of this beauty? :?:

Whammer,

Look around, how many sorted C2 manual (I'm assuming) coupes are there? Not many :dont know:

Where are they? The answer is they are being bought up right now because they have been under-valued for a long time and they are better than money in the bank. Even the left-hand drive ones have long gone, snapped up and back to the Fatherland etc. apparently. Think twice.

If you are determined to sell ask what you really want for it, and stick it out!

Good luck,
Paul

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back