Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Window not dropping when door opened?

Digger90

The driver's side door window has all of a sudden stopped dropping that few mm it normally does when the door is opened/closed.. meaning that when the door is closed the window is pushed outwards leaving a sizeable gap.

Anyone any clues why it might do this?

I fitted a new window regulator 2years ago and it has worked fine up to this point... although I'm not sure whether the 'dropping a few mm' function is governed by the regulator itself or by the ECU (or something else?)

Digger

I think it will be one of the microswitches in the door, details in this thread:
http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=73194&highlight=microswitch

However it may be worth trying to reset the ECU first, if you do a search for "microswitch" you'll see a variety of threads on the subject of faulty windows

Aha! Thanks Caterman.

I've read through all the linked posts in those threads (inc. the Rennlist ones) and have just been outside on this dark & stormy night opening and shutting the door like a loon to test what's going on. Neighbours must wonder what all the slamming is! :D

When the outside door handle is released slightly the window drops a few mm. But when you actually open the door from the outside the window raises itself to its full height again.

If performed from the inside of the car i.e. pull the door handle slightly the window drops as it should, and when the door is fully opened the window stays dropped until the door is closed when the window raises itself correctly.

Therefore, via a cunning process of investigative deduction aided by Caterman I'm concluding that it is the outside door handle microswitch which is faulty!

:D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back