Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New purchase advice needed

mrspaceman

Hi guys,

New to the forum just purchased a 2010 997 gen2 cs from OPC Nottingham
spec as follows:-

Basalt Black
PDK
Black Leather,
Sports Chrono Plus,
Porsche Sports Exhaust,
PCM Navigation Module,
Telephone Module,
Heated Seats,
Universal Audio Interface,
Rear Park Assist,
Heated Steering Wheel,
19" Carrera Classic's
Colour Crested Wheel Centres.

Got a great deal trading in my Cayman S.

What do you think of the spec?

Advice needed on steering wheel, they have offered me a deal to change to the paddle shift for £500.

Whats your thoughts?

Pick up the car on sat will post some pictures then.

:welcome:

Paddle shift is a must IMO, though some prefer having the multi-function wheel - £500 may seem a lot but I think it is worth it. Looking forward to some nice pictures... :thumb:

:welcome:

I agree with Chimp, the paddle shift is definitely worthwhile in my view too - I've driven a few with button shift and always seemed to end up unintentionally changing gear when turning the steering wheel!

Snatch their hands off at that price, make sure you keep the old wheel too though.

Welcome along :bye:

+1 for paddleshift.

Great colour and spec as well! look forward to seeing some pictures.

Sporty spec' - paddles are a 'must have'.... enjoy! :thumb:

That is a good price for paddles. I paid 800 I think. They are much better than the buttons for sure.

The spec is okay anyway. With or without paddles. For me at least.

Cool and congrats!

Mine arrives Saturday too.

Go for it. The buttons are pain in the a**e

I got mine for free when I bought my 991 which came (used) with the stupid normal wheel which looks awful...

Thought they would not even try to make you pay for it?

That said even if they do, you need to do it. It just lifts interior of the car by a considerable amount. Not to mention you get the much needed paddles instead of the buttons which they still try to make us believe some of their (70yr old American..) customers prefer...

I've never tried the paddles, but the buttons have impressed me, personally I wouldn't rush to change, although you can't deny that the sports wheel does look much nicer

The sales guy tried to describe and pass off with a remark about pulling towards you when you are trying to slow down a horse!!

Looks aside, the paddles are far better to use and a must have!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back