Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 GT3 3.8litre 469bhp from £100,540 - Full press pack

Clarkey said:
I still think 997 GT3 (prices) will hold up though, for old times sake. Theres not going to be many 991 GT3 and they will be super pricey for a few years.

I agree. This looks awesome but there will be huge demand for it and given the price it'll be a long time before it depreciates down to a level that will upset the 997 models.

I'm not 100% sold on the look of the back end but that wing looks great compared to the one on the test cars.

Acceleration from 0 - 100 km/h (0 - 62 mph) 3.5 s
Acceleration from 0 - 160 km/h (0 - 99 mph) 7.5 s

:eek: :eek:

The new turbo is going to have to be under 3 seconds to avoid being considered slow isn't it? :) :)

anotherGT2 said:
The new turbo is going to have to be under 3 seconds to avoid being considered slow isn't it? :) :)

The old one already is... :bandit:

Still a valid point though - with pdk equipped gt3s invading their performance territory the new turbo has a some very impressive numbers to beat...can't wait to see what they come up with :food:

I think the new GT3 looks fantastic and on paper at least should be epic - I'll reserve final judgement until I've seen it in the flesh but so far so good...:thumb:

Hmmm new Turbo or GT3........

chimp911 said:
anotherGT2 said:

The old one already is... :bandit:

I knew the Turbo S was under 3s, I didn't realise the 997.2 turbo was as well.

MC

Want :thumbs:

:?:

Can't afford :sad:

Whats the betting that you wont get much change out of £120k for a new 991 Turbo Coupe.

MisterCorn said:

MC

I should have said turbo s :oops: the non-s turbo may be just the wrong side of 3 seconds...

wizard993 said:
Whats the betting that you wont get much change out of £120k for a new 991 Turbo Coupe.

997 Turbo s without options was close to £125k (before discounts) so I'd think it could be even more...

chimp911 said:
MisterCorn said:

MC

I should have said turbo s :oops: the non-s turbo may be just the wrong side of 3 seconds...

Yep, aka slow :D

My prediction for the new Turbo charged cars:

Turbo 2.9 seconds
GT2 2.8
Turbo S 2.7

All PDK of course, and that's assuming they make a GT2, it's always been a bit of an awkward fit into the lineup but even more so now with the GT3 being so quick and the Turbo approaching the speed of light.

Nice looking piece of kit with well scripted brochure words, however for £120K (who is going to buy a base model) I have to ask what else can you buy? :dont know:

Roro said:
Fuel consumption (NEDC):
Urban 14.9 mpg (18.9 l/100 km)
Extra-urban 31.7 mpg (8.9 l/100 km)
Combined 22.8 mpg (12.4 l/100 km)
CO2 emissions: 289 g/km
Emissions class: Euro 5

31.7 mpg will get the Eco-warriors up in arms!

The new Porsche 911 GT3: First official driving shots

The GT3 has finally turned into a GT car... A la Continental GT! :wink:

It looks great and will no doubt be legendary, but I can't get my head around that centre console in a GT3, it looks and feels bad enough in a 991/Panamera/Cayenne.

Although I've no issue with this type of gearbox, it should have a manual option, surely for this type of car (and Porsche) the market would have been big enough.

Maybe they'll be a manual option with the RS? Or have they made it PDK only to protect the engine somehow?

cyruspower said:

It looks great and will no doubt be legendary, but I can't get my head around that centre console in a GT3, it looks and feels bad enough in a 991/Panamera/Cayenne.

Although I've no issue with this type of gearbox, it should have a manual option, surely for this type of car (and Porsche) the market would have been big enough.

Maybe they'll be a manual option with the RS? Or have they made it PDK only to protect the engine somehow?

IMO it may well have been designed primarily for the non-european/emerging markets(fresh 1st time buyers) where lots of people still have money to buy such cars and have not got any history or experience with the historical GT3 concept.

Porsche is a global brand and is being pushed along by VAG and into markets that it did not have much presence in 10/20 years ago.

cyruspower said:

99% certain that the RS will PDK also.

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=80658

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back