Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PICS PICS PICS added.........Exel "Miracle" Wheels

Linda

Spa-Francorchamps
You all know what a damn good job Chris does, and I can now tell you that my wheels are better than new. They look utterly amazing and he has done a fantastic job.

And to top it all, the vibration has gone too!

The M6 was a tad bust this evening, but I can say that there was no vibration at the speeds where there used to be, so I am a very happy camper.

Thank you Chris-I shall be recommending you to anyone who will listen :p

Cheers fella glad you are pleased, made the trip to Stoke all the more worthwhile even if it was freezing!

We visited this customer at his work in North Staffordshire so he didn't take any time off and no travel.

As we refitted as the light faded my pics are a bit poor, but here are some before and afters, including one of the rears which was buckled and causing you that awful vibration.

We fitted some 17" Sport Classics so that he could rule out any suspension issues and confirmed with our wheels fitted the vibration was gone.

We spun them up on the balancer (I'll upload a video when I get chance) and identified the problems with both rears, one worse than the other, but still small enough to be hard to spot. We do this with all wheels, not just because of a reported issue.

Before the refurb it was highlighted and noted that the rim profile had been reduced by a previous refurb job which was in risk of being lost altogether. This quite common when they've been skimmed to remove damage, or polished. Also not visible in teh pics but previous corrosion had caused soem pores to open up and these had been filled and sanded, so we knew we'd need to do some work to rectify. So we pre-machined this prior to the painting to create a more defined and authentic line.

What we try to do to make us different is take a consultative approach to all our customers needs, and pass on our experience and knowledge so that customers make an informed choice from start to finish. Net result we aim for is a happy customer and top quality wheels without the worry and hassle.

What doesnt show in my pics is the insides, which had a lot of attention and I'm sure Phil can get some better pics to show this.

Ordinarily we would finish with painting the bolts, but due to the rain we decided not to. These are actually new bolts believe it or not!

Hope you like, thanks for looking :)

067_zpsd58bce29.jpg

027-1_zpsbd03434b.jpg

068-1_zps80e1760d.jpg

030-1_zpsaa52fae8.jpg

072_zps60c275d3.jpg

079_zps0fa5f344.jpg

A very blurry end pic :(

024-1_zps057c05d0.jpg

Just on the subject of bolts, the before pics show the bolts quite tidy, because they had just been bought new, the after pics shows them rusty. This is because the customer used wheel cleaner last weekend prior to refit (to clean our loan wheels).

The bolts dont do this half as much if you spray them silver. The factory coating is really just to prevent them rusting on the shelf in bags :eek:

Chris, RE valve badge orientation:

I remember the day you shouted "No!!!!!........" when I naively attempted to pop my wheel badges on 'any old how', and you educating me on the shields pointing at the valve.

On these after pics, while pointing at the valve, they are not 'quite' exactly pointing at the valve, but instead they are bang in the middle of the two wheel bolts in the direction of the valve.

So, is it point it to the valve, and then once done so re-adjust so it is centred between the wheel bolts it passes a tangent through?

:?:

Trust me, some guys will have been up all night looking at those pics.
:grin:

Chris could blame his wife for this over site, saying she was the centre cap fitter at the time, however if it later transpired he himself was responsible for this motoring fixture offence, he would clearly have to step down as CEO of XLW

Lol CC and Bob!

It's a fair cop but it was getting dark and raining.

The Mrs is 37 weeks so I could blame hormones but the buck stops with me.

Here are a few pics. First chance to do a proper clean...I love them :worship:

DSCF3139_zpsb644430c.jpg

DSCF3138_zps3380fb41.jpg

DSCF3137_zpsc7d8146d.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back