Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 Latest PCM version

BigCat

I just collected my new 911 Coupe, and this is my first Porsche, initial impression is a great car .

My car was built August 2012 it is MY 2013 and has the full UK 7 digit postcode entry, I only just collected it because it was going to be a demo car that had sat unregistered with this dealer since late September 2012. It had 95% of what i wanted and since I was going to save £10K off the list price it made sense to me to buy this one rather than pay more and wait 3 months for a factory order.

I'm curious to find out if anyone knows what the difference is between the PCM version 3.41 fitted to my car and v 4.4 which I saw was fitted to another 911.?

Given you've bought a new car, you should request, rather firmly, that the supplying OPC updates the PCM free-of-charge!

I've since checked with both the dealer and Porsche GB, my car has the latest version of the PCM applicable to the configuration of my 911. The other 911 with v 4.4 has a different set of equipment and so the pCM is different

My C2S was built October 2012 and has version 3.41 and all was well til I took a courtesy boxster for a couple days... It had a hard drive audio system which I discovered when I saw "jukebox" in the media menu.. a 40gb drive which could store music and display album covers... Very cool... So I asked dealer if I could upgrade my PCM to have this... Of course he said no!

I'm curious to see if my car actually has the hardware but needs the updated software.. The album cover thing would Be nice to have. I doubt mine has it but newer (2013) cars seem to be coming out with jukebox... Seems unfair!

991 Jukebox

The Jukebox feature is specified in the model brochure for the 911 as being available at the earliest November 2012. However, this feature is not as good as it sounds if it's like the one that my BMW had. To start with it's not possible to simply connect an iPod/iPhone and download the music into the PCM's hard drive, the music has to be on a USB memory stick which has been formatted FAT16 or 32 so there is an extra bit of transfer required. The simplest solution (if you don't want to keep connecting your iPhone) is to get an iPod, I use a 4th generation Nano with 16GB of memory which holds my entire music collection and I leave this plugged into the PCM. I think you may find that the Jukebox will not allow all of the same playback options that a connected iPod or iPhone offers. I think what Porsche should have done was to include SD Card slots like I have on my Audi Q5, that allows you to download music from your Mac/Pc to the SD card as and when and simply slot in to the Audi's MMI then select that as the media source. It also has a Juke box but I don't use it so I don't miss it from my 911.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back