Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How much is this worth, if it was in the UK?

orangecurry

Yes I know this isn't my usual sort of question, but....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORSCHE-9...8481299?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item257a781a13

Porsche 911 carrera lightweight RS recreation. It started life as a 2.4T Porsche 911 Carrera 1972 in California. It was completely stripped and rebuilt 3 years ago. All the work was completed in the US. This 911 is in incredible condition for a car that is over 40 years old - body is fantastic and it drives superb. It has the following upgrades: 1980 3.0 litre SC engine and gearbox, Sachs performance clutch, Rs front/back bumper and ducktail in fibreglass, Magnecor performance spark leads, MSD performance ignition and coil, Weber IDA 46 carburettor system, New SC front suspension and aluminium cross member, Welded strut brace in front compartment, Upgraded torsion bars - 22mm front and 28mm rear, Momo steering wheel, Momo lightweight racing seats, Turbo valve covers and chain tensioners, Gear short shifter, Fuel pressure regulator and guage, RS style door panels, Teflon/stainless brake lines, Swepco transmission fluid and prospeed brake fluid, Bridgestone Potenza tyres on BBS lightweight competition alloys, External oil cooler trombone style, Custom performance exhaust system Spare parts included: triangular harness bar, racequip 5-point seat belts, SC torsion bars, 2 spare rear light units, fire extinguisher, front/back performance brake pad set, other service items.

Not a massively convincing recreation, but not that far away from looking godd.
I wonder if the engine and box are up to much.
Those headlights look so 1974.

I'd guess between twenty five and thirty.
Its a cheap flight to Dubai, but some of the places you drive through to get it home are a bit, shall we say, Kalashnikov happy.
You could freight it home though.
You bidding?

stuttgartmetal said:
Its a cheap flight to Dubai, but some of the places you drive through to get it home are a bit, shall we say, Kalashnikov happy.

:grin:

I know someone living out there, so it's tempting.

And although (if I lived to tell the tale) the drive would be an experience of a lifetime.... I should freight it home.

Do you fancy taking a few weeks off of saving lives to ride shotgun?

Bit like that, but we use 10 lines and don't blow ourselves up so often.

I would be up for a trip to dubai for a weekend.
The flights are quite dear, so a four/five day stop over would be good.

e mail the seller, and see if you can get an e mail address.

That'll be zero bids then.

Probably some rich arab imported it & got bored really quick.

Working there a few years ago, the quayside at Sharja & Abu Dhabi was covered with new & old super cars freshly off the boats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back