Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I have a real desire for an early 911 - just cant afford it!

Zingari said:
How do they drive? Awful :nooo: I had a 1969 911T and in the wet it was terrible.

I'd have to have a PS edition based on a decent (964) chassis :thumb:

bollox .. they don't drive awful

They are old cars & how they drive depends on condition , set up etc . There is a reason '73 2.7RS careeras regularly come top of the Porsche comparison reviews when pitted against newer Porsche's

Out of all the cars I've had , non Porsche & Porsche , I would still choose my '73 2.4S for a blast out into the hills, or for a long distance trip into Europe.

They drive beautifully - no power steering but given how light they are, and on 185 section tyres, the are light and tactile. Best 911 helm ever.
But they need be in good condition and well set up - like all 911s a shed drives like a shed.

Vested interest: a 1970 2.2s

Quick update, I have finally bit the bullet and my new car will be arriving on Saturday. Italian delivered 1970 911T 2.2 :D

You've done it :thumb: well done , looks lovely and hope you enjoy it , roll on Saturday , lets know how it feels to drive.

That's a teasing photo! Looks the dogs!

Keith, fetch your angle grinder along on the weekend and you can back date mine :thumb:

Ian

Here she is, have not got the hang of lightroom yet.

Backdating

Have a look at www.911-retro-works.co.uk they do some nice work at reasonable prices, I am having a Singer replica done there at the moment, engine at ninemeister, should be completed by end of May will keep you updated, yours Neil

Excellent, looking forward to seeing some pictures once its complete.

Quick update to old thread, my car had a fair amount of rust on account of perished window and door seals. Roll on a few months, £££ in new seals, bodywork repairs - floors and rear parcel shelf, full strip down of interior and new sound deadening all round plus lots of other small jobs.

Some idea of the work below,

Untitled by TP021272, on Flickr

IMG_3568.JPG by TP021272, on Flickr

To this

untitled-15.jpg by TP021272, on Flickr

untitled-22.jpg by TP021272, on Flickr

untitled-42.jpg by TP021272, on Flickr

untitled-33.jpg by TP021272, on Flickr

Great thread. The early ones are my favorite also. Such a pure shape. I'd never heard of backdating before reading this, what a good idea.
Great work on the resto, it looks spectacular.

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

I like Cornish pasties as well.

Hi
I am also a previous 993 owner with a real itch for an older car, how do you guys rate the late 70's 3.0l Carrera?
Thanks in advance
Simon

Simon,

I have never driven late 70's car but the 3.o is fast becoming a collectable car. You might find some further info on Impact bumpers or DDK.

Some more recent shots of my car.

Congratulations. Looks stunning! :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back