Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Carrera with Turbo front bumper

Diablos-666

Trainee
Hi guys and girls,

I was wondering if many of you have changed the front bumber of your standard Carrera to a Turbo bumper?

I hope what I said isn't sacrilege amongst enthusiasts, I'll put on my flamesuit now.

I'd be interested to see a few pics along with how much it cost to change. Is it a straight forward swap or would I need to get other parts to fit?

Thanks

:eek: really.......

:grin: I think a few have done it....Thinks it likes good IMHO.

Discord23 said:
:grin: I think a few have done it....Thinks it likes good IMHO.

+1....Richyd pics please :grin: :thumb:

I am biased - but I think the NB looks amazing with the Turbo bumper...esp in light colours where you really get to see it....

Budget c£1k for a new bumper, incl painting and fitting...

Look at the Skye tour thread from last autumn for a few more pics of mine..

I much prefer the look of the turbo front bumper and think it really suits the NB cars as well as the WBs. Fortunately my 993 had one fitted as standard... :D

Yep , not sacrilegious at all , I'd love a turbo bumper for mine , but I'd agree that the brighter colours (silver/yellow/red) show the bumper at its best rather than my Iris(h) blue.

I'd try your local OPC first you might be pleasantly surprised, or not, and I also think you get 10% off for being a member of this forum...

Diablos-666 said:
Where/who is the best place to buy the turbo bumper?

Oi! I'd just had that bumper resparyed! :floor:
But I agree, they do look good, I looked around, before I had the front sprayed, and couldn't find a decent one, plus I didn't want to fork out for OPC prices, on top of the respray, I was having done.

Rallyeman said:
Diablos-666 said:
Where/who is the best place to buy the turbo bumper?

Oi! I'd just had that bumper resparyed! :floor:
But I agree, they do look good, I looked around, before I had the front sprayed, and couldn't find a decent one, plus I didn't want to fork out for OPC prices, on top of the respray, I was having done.

Haha I was waiting for your comment :)

The turbo bumper makes such a big difference to the front of the car, I think I will have to change it. Sorry buddy.

Will have to save up for a bit first though. Still, it gives me a bit of time of do a bit of digging.

How's the GT3 purchase coming along?

Give Sam a call at Precision Porsche for the supply, paint and fit of the turbo bumper......

Richyd said:
Give Sam a call at Precision Porsche for the supply, paint and fit of the turbo bumper......

Thanks for this, I got a price of £1,500 from Sam for this.

It's a bit more than I wanted to pay but I think I'll get it done as it makes a big difference to the car imo.

Sam is the right guy - his paintwork is totally stunning, as is his attention to detail around the rubber trims etc. It will look like it left the factory with a turbo bumper fitted!

:thumb:

My car's booked in now with Sam for the Turbo PU fitting the middle of next month together with scuttle paint and chassis rail inspection. I'm also going for new headlight lenses and Turbo S vented fog lights which I need to get ordered. Front end should look good once that lot's sorted.

Only thing is do I stick with ambers or go clear :?:

Good job I've got a set of both to choose from :D

Rich you're more than welcome to go have a poke around the car when it's down there, just as a reminder of when you had slim hips :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back