Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Panamera steering noises

Jptoon

Any Panamera drivers out there hearing noises and/or feeling a rattle from the steering when on full or near-full lock ?

Had my 3 month old Panamera 4 back to the dealers but they told me all cars have this "slight noise" and it's not a fault ?

Seems the type of fault that Porsche engineering wouldn't overlook prior to a car launch, yet alone a few years after ?

JP

Is this only on cold start, i.e. when the tyres are cold? Does it happen when the car is warm?

I've noticed a similar thing on my GT3 (and also my previous Carrera), but only when the tyres are cold and are scrubbing along the concrete when doing a low speed turn on full lock.

I know my GT3 isn't quite a Panamera but thought I would mention this anyway in case it's relevant.

I would suggest taking to an alternative OPC for a second opinion.

Roro said:
Is this only on cold start, i.e. when the tyres are cold? Does it happen when the car is warm?

I've noticed a similar thing on my GT3 (and also my previous Carrera), but only when the tyres are cold and are scrubbing along the concrete when doing a low speed turn on full lock.

I know my GT3 isn't quite a Panamera but thought I would mention this anyway in case it's relevant.

I would suggest taking to an alternative OPC for a second opinion.

Thanks, an Interesting point, as now you come to mention it the issue does seem to be on start-up, I do notice it more when I'm maneuvering the car around my drive in the mornings. I must try and remember to listen out for it when the Tyres have heated up. Will get a 2nd OPC opinion though as Porsche Newcastle were quite dismissive of it when I asked them to check it out. My previous was a 997 gen2 C4S so the tyres weren't exactly small but I never had any problems similar to these ones on my new beast.

Good luck :thumbs:

Also, in my experience, it's worth finding an OPC you like to do business with, even if it means going out of your way a bit. I travel an extra 20 or so miles to use my preferred OPC. The last thing you want is to feel you're not being taken seriously when you're spending so much money on your Porsche, so its worth building a relationship with one or two dealers you feel you can trust that bit more than any other.

Let us know how you get on 8)

Roro said:
Good luck :thumbs:

Also, in my experience, it's worth finding an OPC you like to do business with, even if it means going out of your way a bit. I travel an extra 20 or so miles to use my preferred OPC. The last thing you want is to feel you're not being taken seriously when you're spending so much money on your Porsche, so its worth building a relationship with one or two dealers you feel you can trust that bit more than any other.

Let us know how you get on 8)

Will do. Actually I've always been well looked after at Newcastle over many years but a recent change of management seems to have changed the customer care culture there. Nearest OPC then becomes Leeds which is over 100 miles away !

Porsche News said:
Worth checking the front antiroll bar for any damage

Thanks, will do

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back