Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 Celebration Restoration - Rise of The Silver Surfer

917k said:
Pics are on PH

Yes but a bit 'rough and ready' Inspector Clouseau :hand:

OK here is a hasty one taken when I was assessing the bodywork. Once I get it to take apart then I will start a new thread a la PeterS rebuild (but hopefully not to that degree - or expense!) Car will be going back to orange indicators/reflectors since they have been retained by the owner.

Pricing up things now - those side stone guards are not bloody cheap for what is 3M plastic :nooo: And what is also surprising is the price some second hand Porsche parts dealers charge on eBay when Design911 are actually cheaper. Do your research :grin:

CIMG2715.jpg

Small hole require to be drilled for third brake light installation attached below. car looks lovely just need to get the ride height sorted out.

Attachments

• third_brake_light_6638_1996_660396_164.pdf
    120.4 KB · Views: 249
Gary - Thanks :thumb: Stacked heels on order or I will look to borrow Pete's Bay City Rollers platforms for Spa :grin:

Brian, that is lovely.

I take it the near side front wing and headlight are stoved in as you have cunningly framed the photo to hide it. :roll:

That is lovely!
Is it running 16" wheels?

As a rule, I don't like silver cars in any shape or form. However, this one breaks it. Stunning and as people say in this county...I am well jel!

Rallyeman said:
That is lovely!
Is it running 16" wheels?

17" Cup 1's I think :?:

Yum,yum that's a very attractive car!

17" on the wheels it's the big gaps that make them look smaller & I'm sure this is on the list of things to do to keep zingari biz over the winter... :thumb:

Same as b345ty never liked silver apart from on a few cars like merc gullwings & classic stuff & the like but a 964 really looks good in silver must be the curve's and dimensions? There's a chap on RL that has a silver 964 & southbound did a re trim in red that looks mega nice to but forgotten his user name might post on here?

Well done mr enjoy your new 964...

Correct 17" wheels and although I think it is lower than standard ride height it could (will) be taken down a few mils further at some point when I weigh up suspension options.

Yes I've seen the silver 964 with Southbound red - the leather was specially dyed. That is very special but at £5k+ for retrim a lot of money. Its a pity that over winter mice got in and ended up nibbling the lower leathered dash. :nooo:

I'll look for a pair of sports seats at some point (currently standard set up in very very good condition) but at least they are not as mad prices as 993 hardbacks :?

Zingers, sounds like you have hidden a few squeelers from Mrs Zingers for some big mods. Don't you start driving up values of these cars, that's for PeterS to do....

Such a tease... :grin:

Zingari that looks stunning :thumb: :mrgreen:

Amazed when i started reading the thread Mr Z . 993 gone & on the hunt for 964 ?
Your chosen one looks terrific .
The selling of my 964 .is something i fear will haunt me for the rest of my motoring life
Unfortunately any imminent return to a 911 has just took a major step back after handing over the euros last week for a new barn roof

http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q576/beaucostil/beauroof005.jpg
Best of luck with yours :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back