Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 Celebration Restoration - Rise of The Silver Surfer

:popcorn: spoke with previous owner who had it 4 yrs. All bodywork original down to the stone chips, crazing to front PU and rust to NSR wing.........

Slight lift to leather on corner of rear parcel shelf (water damage?) Previous owner recalls seeing a photo of plastic over rear screen so may have been replaced and water ingress whilst waiting a fix. Some more work to do and suspect I can track down that photo........ :)

Mr Zingari

Its new years day (At least in the UK) In Kurdistan its not, or at least I dont think it is, the only good thing about today is United's demolition of Wigan and the fact in Kurdistan 3 o clock KO's are live and occur at 6 o clock..... and it was about 15 degrees and sunny again today

But surely time for photos :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: to cheer a miserable old man up, whos only company is a laptop and internet that sometimes works......

Mr Zingari

Its new years day (At least in the UK) In Kurdistan its not, or at least I dont think it is, the only good thing about today is United's demolition of Wigan and the fact in Kurdistan 3 o clock KO's are live and occur at 6 o clock..... and it was about 15 degrees and sunny again today

But surely time for photos :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: to cheer a miserable old man up, whos only company is a laptop and internet that sometimes works......

Hold hard SB all in good time. I've been to that neck of the woods in winter. I'd advise you to get your thermals and oils skins out.

I can highly recommend the locally produced black rubber three-quarter height wellingtons with Aztec design (in gold) around the top and stacked heels. IIRC about $7 but think I was ripped off yet felt the need to invest in the local economy. Always a good talking point :thumb:

jack.pe said:
Brian,

Can't wait to see the car, when are you taking possession??

Not in an immediate rush. Likely early next week. I may have it taken direct to the Indy for work to begin (on the understanding I get a photo record) but may have it delivered at home so I can have a tinker with it first and itemise exactly what I want doing now and what I may choose to leave for after Spa.

Car passed MOT yesterday - front drop link required. All brakes pads and discs replaced by current owner and presumably caliper refurb which explains the red :dont know:

Edit:

Inspected by my Indy today (Thurs) with outline prices to sort rust (provided nothong else lurks beneath), spray front PU and major (plug) service.

Shhh.................Low-loader Tuesday :dont know:

I managed to acquire a rear window spoiler/brake light already in Polar Silver which may be here before the car :grin:

Now on a late 1993 964 are the high level brake light wires existing behind the rubber or will this be a delicate operation to drill a hole :?

:useless:

Zingari said:
Hold hard SB all in good time. I've been to that neck of the woods in winter. I'd advise you to get your thermals and oils skins out.

I can highly recommend the locally produced black rubber three-quarter height wellingtons with Aztec design (in gold) around the top and stacked heels. IIRC about $7 but think I was ripped off yet felt the need to invest in the local economy. Always a good talking point :thumb:

Wished i needed em! Doing winter driving course, need snow and ice and it was 18 degrees yesterday :thumb: 8)

Come on Brian, get us some pictures.........
I showed you mine :oops:

:popcorn:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back