Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rs spyder alloys issue

parm

Silverstone
Hi all,

I've got rs spyder wheels on my car and fancy getting a cheapish spare set o wheels to track with, firstly does anyone know of a brand of alloy that would fit and second how do you get the damn single nut off??

The last time I checked there weren't any Centre Lock options much below £3k per set (without TPMS sensors) for something like OZ Ultraleggeras, but that is still a lot less than Porsche would charge for a set of OE wheels. The RS Spyder wheels do occasionally show up second hand on eBay though.

Taking the wheels off is non-trivial, requiring either a torque multiplier or a torque wrench that is accurate at 600Nm and a breaker bar rated appreciably higher.

There are also a few threads active at the moment due to Porsche apparently introducing a very short lifespan for track use on these (mandating hub replacement on the basis of track miles). If you want to track it, I am sorry to say that you really ought to have bought one with conventional 5 bolt hubs... :x

Thanks Colin, I thought that would be the case. Unfortunately I got a bit excited with the options list and didn't really think it through fully. Oh well!! :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back