Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Has anyone regretted the move to a 991? HELP!

Bieldside

Nurburgring
Thinking of going up to a Carrera 2S from a 996 Turbo S and wonder if I am mad

Has anyone regretted leaving behind a 997 or 996 in the change up

Tempted by the offer of a great p/ex price but significant discount off list

Thanks

A mate of mine has been offered an amazing discount on a few available now, specced up 991 4S at an OPC up north, apparently the deal is hard to ignore, so he is going for it by all accounts. PM me if you're interested.

Highly unlikely imho - Not sure anyone would admit to it being a mistake though?

Why not a Gen 1 Turbo? You get a lot more for your money.
Just a thought.. :dont know:

IMO a 997 turbo (gen 1 or 2) isn't a big enough change from your existing 996 turbo s to be worth your while unless you are hankering after a newer car with a slightly newer interior/exterior?

The 991 is a great car (I test drove a non S 3.4 a couple of months ago), but I don't think I could live without the brutal and relentless thrust of the turbo, and I suggest this may be a crucial question for you to help make your decision.

I've regretted not being able to keep some of my previous motors (sold to pay for the next one), but if forced to choose between new and old then the potential new always has to come out the clear winner before I'd ever hand over money for it...

chimp911 said:
IMO a 997 turbo (gen 1 or 2) isn't a big enough change from your existing 996 turbo s to be worth your while unless you are hankering after a newer car with a slightly newer interior/exterior?

The 991 is a great car (I test drove a non S 3.4 a couple of months ago), but I don't think I could live without the brutal and relentless thrust of the turbo, and I suggest this may be a crucial question for you to help make your decision.

I've regretted not being able to keep some of my previous motors (sold to pay for the next one), but if forced to choose between new and old then the potential new always has to come out the clear winner before I'd ever hand over money for it...

I agree totally, so what's on your list for your next car??

s2000db said:
chimp911 said:

At the moment I have absolutely no idea - it is hard to see anything that could really move the game on performance wise for the same kind of money :dont know:

The last thing I want to do is spend megabucks for something that is a little bit faster here, a tiny bit better there... :nooo:

If I could afford to I'd quite like to keep mine and get something like a 430 spider as well - but it'll be a good few years before that could happen...

s2000db said:
chimp911 said:

Chimp has a 2011 Turbo S, he doesn't need to think about a next car :D

MC

MisterCorn said:
s2000db said:
chimp911 said:

Chimp has a 2011 Turbo S, he doesn't need to think about a next car :D

MC

So do I, and I can't think what I might fancy next either!

Thanks for the thoughts

Test drove the new 991 4S today and was uninspired I have to say

Did not feel that it was a £100,000 car

I did ponder the Turbo S (997) and think I need to revisit that option

Or keep the 996 Turbo S , still hard to beat and not worth going into a 991 4S as an option. Not sure what I thought but being in the car but there was a lot of plastic and the standard seats were mediocre

Ah well saved a lot of dosh if I keep the Turbo S!!

Re: 991

Bieldside said:
I did ponder the Turbo S (997) and think I need to revisit that option

Please re-visit soon. Would like to know your thoughts between the two but I suspect that the cost to change may not be worth it. Would love to be proved wrong tho'!

~ Maxie :thumbs:

No regrets, just an awesome car.

Although one annoying issue, I've just managed to puncture my 3rd wheel in 11 months with cost now totalling about £1600 for new tyres. Apparently, the 20" low profile tyres are easily punctured.

I test drove the the 997S and TurboS and I have to say the latter was an amazing car. I'm saving my money for the Turbo 2015-ish when my shares vest :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back