Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Coming Soon!

iLeo

Hi everybody,

Pulled the trigger!!

31 year old, very successful marketing consultant, still it was a big decision, and a very expensive one. I could afford it, but it'd definitely be on the expense of some other things in my life, at least for a while... But hey, if this is a mistake, it'd be the most sweet mistake I've even done

I used to have a Cayman S 2009, I owned it 2nd hand during the period from Jul 2010, until last month, when I sold it at a minor loss who some believe to actually be a gain.. Still, I wasn't as happy as I should be, as I only sold it to get rid of it before the new shape comes out. I loved the car, way too much to do it, but I did.

I couldn't convince myself to buy any other car but a Porsche... yet, this time it can't be another Cayman... My son is now 4 years old, and he since my job requires lots of traveling, I'd most likely need to take him & the wife out during weekend, hence the need for the extra seats!

I've driven the Carrera S 991 for a test drive. To be honest, Cayman S is MUCH MORE FUN to drive, but still, the spirit is there...

Couldn't afford the S with the options I want as a must, so I ordered a Carrera, with the following options:

- Chrono-package (had it in the Cayman, loved it, and it comes with extra features in the 991 which could help compensate the less power vs. the S).
- Sport exhaust (I've always hated the low noise Porsche cars make, this fixes that for sure, a must in my opinion).
- PDK
- Glass sunroof
- 20 inch Carrera S wheels Painted in platinum (a must)
- Some other luxurious/ comfort/ cool features

Color I've chosen is Basalt Black... 90% of that decision is driven by the following:
- I HAVE TO have the interior Carrera red. Had it in the Cayman, LOVED IT, STILL LOVE IT, can't imagine riding any other interior color!
- Like white, but my Cayman was white.... it'd feel really boring to have the same exterior + interior color combinations again in my new car, wouldn't it?!

Now, what other exterior colors work with red interior? mmmmmmmmmmm
I still have a week or two to catch & change if you guys have any recos

Appreciated, and pleased to join

Congrats iLeo on your new purchase! Looking forward to seeing the pics. Carrara white exterior would work well against a red interior imo. Try it on the configurator to see for yourself.

~ Maxie :thumb:

:welcome:

Congratulations on your purchase! Black or white are the obvious choices with a red interior but I think you could also get away with silver or grey. Glad you went for PDK, it is brilliant, but go for paddles rather than the wheel buttons if you can...:thumb:

Hi leo nice choice of car more than capable of the thrills, red interior has got the wow factor bit too flash for me but hey Iam 15 years older. Iam sure it will look superb, post some pics, enjoy sure you will :thumb: :thumb:
Forgot basalt black very neet. :thumbs:

Hey thanks for the replies everyone! :bye:

I saw this color yesterday with red interior:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tilenlicen/8085596168/

Never thought it'd work, but I really loved it!!! I'm seriously considering changing my order!

I love white exterior with red interior also, but as I said, that's what I had on my Cayman for 2-3 years, and I'm planning to keep the 991 for another 7 years. Owning the same colors for a decade would definitely be boring, yeah? :?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back