Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Does your 964 have any outstanding factory recalls?

Porsche News

OPC Byfleet Service Centre recently found that there are a significant number of Porsches with outstanding factory recall campaigns, as a result they have started a campaign to check if Porsche owners have any outstanding factory recalls.

What to do
1. email [email protected]
2. Provide your Registration number
3. and chassis number (which can be found in your service book)

Then OPC Byfleet Service Centre can run a check with Porsche to see whether there are any outstanding campaigns relating to that car.

This is a completely free service, and any subequent modification that is carried out will also be free of charge.

They can go back to 1985 model year cars. They have recently completed several wiring loom modifications to 993s and even an outstanding modification to a 1985 944.

It is quite important to take BOTH the chassis number from the car and not the registration document, as a number are incorrect.

http://www.porschehost.com/home.asp?opc=41

911service_951.jpg

I sent an enquiry last and had a reply today! My 964 has an outstanding recall (nothing major), which he said they could do on a Saturday morning. Great service. I'll check with my local OPC first to see if they'll do it.

I rang and they said mine had an outstanding recall for the rear spoiler motor, nothig major but they could do it in an hour or so under the recall

Will also ask my Local OPC if they will do it, otherwise I will take it down there

Great service from David Kneen at Porsche Byfleet.

Confirmed I have AT07 (steering yolk) outstanding on mine and I am now booked in to OPC Solihull to have it checked over.

Ian

Recall

Great service, Richard replied within 20 minutes....nothing outstanding for me :)

Hi all, I was at the Leeds OPC pricing some parts up, so thought I'd wander round to the service desk and found out mine had 2 recalls, one completed, the other for a replacement steering shaft. So as soon as it is back together as such I'll be booking it in.
On the way out noticed a GT3 RS4.0 which was waiting for a customer to collect, so I had to have a look round that!

Ry

Just got mine back from Byfleet, great service and I got the steering shaft recall done, the guys had a chuckle as they think its from mid/late 90's!

Better late than never :D

I took the opportunity to check for any recalls whist at the Newcastle OPC yesterday. Nothing outstanding but it has had two items done several years ago.

Got a nice little printout of the options on the car complete with replacement key number. Top service and it only took a few minutes.

Thanks for this I would never had known of the recall issue.
Mine needs an AR02 heater blower replaced so I'm booking this in ASAP.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back