Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Storing tyres?

Tinker

Albert Park
Have just bought some secondhand Pirellis. At the moment, they's stacked in the hall, because I wanted my wife to see what she'd spent her money on. (Yes, she's a good wife.)

Today (well, today or tomorrow), I'll move them into the garage. So, to the question. Which is the best way round to store them? Tread down or side-wall down? And, if the former, do they need rotating occasionally, or, if the latter, can they be stacked?

Tinker said:
Have just bought some secondhand Pirellis. At the moment, they's stacked in the hall, because I wanted my wife to see what she'd spent her money on. (Yes, she's a good wife.)

Today (well, today or tomorrow), I'll move them into the garage. So, to the question. Which is the best way round to store them? Tread down or side-wall down? And, if the former, do they need rotating occasionally, or, if the latter, can they be stacked?

I've just stacked mine, but did think about bolting them to the wall using studs (for the wheels already fitted with tyres). I don't think it matters too much (but could be wrong) whether tyres are standing up or laying down (not like there is any stress on them)

I always stack mine (if on rims) on the sidewall.

But you should ask the experts...

Linky

Courtesy of Continental.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwarren1
Back