Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone add any after-market products?

FXT

Trainee
Looked at the power kit but just a tad too expensive right now.
Anything else a little cheaper worth having?

Passenger side

There's a small tray on the floor in between the door and the passenger seat, it's about the same size as a fold up umbrella, so guess what I've out in it? I know it's a bit hard core for this site but there have been times I've been thankful for it and it does actually look like it was designed for it!

Yes that is what it is designed for - not quite on the same level as the full-size brolly in a roller's door, but you get the idea.

As for the power kit, sorry for being lazy but how much and what do you get?

chimp911 said:
Yes that is what it is designed for - not quite on the same level as the full-size brolly in a roller's door, but you get the idea.

Does the umbrella from a 997 fit or do you need to purchase a 991 version?!

chimp911 said:
As for the power kit, sorry for being lazy but how much and what do you get?

Powerkit = £9,388 to produce 430bhp. Also included Sports Chrono and Sports exhaust.

"Power upgrade to 316 kW (430 hp). Includes modified cylinder heads, new camshaft, newly developed variable resonance intake manifold with six plus one switchable valves, centre radiator, sports exhaust system with specially designed twin dual-tube tailpipes (order no. 176), sport chrono package incl. dynamic engine mounts (order no. 639/640), optimised engine electronics and painted engine cover with carbon fibre emblem"

:)
Sidicks

Cheers :thumb:

Sidicks said:

While I don't know the answer to that I can probably hazard a guess... :roll:

chimp911 said:
Cheers :thumb:

Sidicks said:

While I don't know the answer to that I can probably hazard a guess... :roll:

Umbrella? Really? :)

How about the Front Apron?
The name just puts me off and I'm not sure if I want it to be closer to the ground than it already is...very annoying to have to slow down for every hump on the road.

Sidicks said:
Powerkit = £9,388 to produce 430bhp. Sidicks

That's the cost to have it fitted when the car is being built, aftermarket will be at least another £2k+ to strip it all down and re build it.

Re: Passenger side

abcheetham said:
There's a small tray on the floor in between the door and the passenger seat, it's about the same size as a fold up umbrella, so guess what I've out in it? I know it's a bit hard core for this site but there have been times I've been thankful for it and it does actually look like it was designed for it!
It is actually designed for an umbrella; I splashed out on a proper Porsche one from Porscheshop, because I'm sad like that!! :oops:

OK this is on my 996 rather than 997 or 991 but see below, you can just about make it out in the space in the door sill...

_DS31338.jpg

(Sorry to hijack your thread FXT!)

Re: Passenger side

Ant Blain said:
abcheetham said:
It is actually designed for an umbrella; I splashed out on a proper Porsche one from Porscheshop, because I'm sad like that!! :oops:

OK this is on my 996 rather than 997 or 991 but see below, you can just about make it out in the space in the door sill...

_DS31338.jpg

(Sorry to hijack your thread FXT!)

I like it, looks quite neat :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back