Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4S Wheels For Sale - Advice Needed Please

ant_8u

Hi guys
I'm in need of some help and advice

I've recently purchased a set of genuine C4S wheels and have sent them away to Lepsons for refurbishing

Lepsons have called me to say the front wheels are in perfect condition and just require stripping and painting

Unfortunately they've said the rear wheels are buckled and can't be satisfactorily straightened

So, I'm now wondering what to do with these wheels

My initial thoughts were to return them and get a full refund.....but if I did that I'd lose the money I spent in delivering the wheels to lepsons

So my other idea was to ask for a partial refund and then sell the front wheels on in order to recover the money I've spent

I'm wondering should I sell the front wheels "as-is" or since they're already at Lepsons, should I ask them to refurb them and then sell them?

How much do you think a pair of newly refurbished C4S front wheels are worth?

I don't want to make any profit from this, I just want to keep my loses to a minimum

So once I've got an idea of what they're worth I can make up my mind what's the best solution

(if anyone wants some refurbed C4S front wheels just let me know)

Thanks guys
Really appreciate it

ant_8u said:
Hi guys
I'm in need of some help and advice

I've recently purchased a set of genuine C4S wheels and have sent them away to Lepsons for refurbishing

Lepsons have called me to say the front wheels are in perfect condition and just require stripping and painting

Unfortunately they've said the rear wheels are buckled and can't be satisfactorily straightened

So, I'm now wondering what to do with these wheels

My initial thoughts were to return them and get a full refund.....but if I did that I'd lose the money I spent in delivering the wheels to lepsons

So my other idea was to ask for a partial refund and then sell the front wheels on in order to recover the money I've spent

I'm wondering should I sell the front wheels "as-is" or since they're already at Lepsons, should I ask them to refurb them and then sell them?

How much do you think a pair of newly refurbished C4S front wheels are worth?

I don't want to make any profit from this, I just want to keep my loses to a minimum

So once I've got an idea of what they're worth I can make up my mind what's the best solution

(if anyone wants some refurbed C4S front wheels just let me know)

Thanks guys
Really appreciate it

I just wrote out a long reply, but it's irrelevant.... Three important questions....

- Have you go in touch with the person you bought them from to tell them that some of the wheels are buckled?

- Did you buy them from a private seller or from a parts dealer? (I hope you didnt buy them from Douglas Valley Breakers!)

- Before buying them, did you ask if they are straight & true? or did you inspect them yourself / get them checked?

ant_8u said:

That sounds to me like your least loss.

Hi mate
Thanks for the quick reply
It's very much appreciated

In answer to your questions.....

I've called the company I bought the wheels from
They said the manager is out today, but they will pass the message on and ask him to call me when they're available. They were very nice to me and it sounded like they genuinely want to help me resolve things

I bought the wheels from a business via eBay
Since I bought them from a business and not a private individual I am entitled to a full refund as they're not fit for purpose - but I doubt they'll pay for return deliver, so that's what's stopping my sending them back just yet

The seller said the wheels weren't cracked, bent, or kerbed at all
I didn't inspect them before I bought them, but gave them a good looking over when they arrived, and they looked fine
Lepsons have said they look straight and true and you'd never know there was a problem until you put them on the machines

PeterS said:
ant_8u said:

Hi Peter
What makes you think that?

I would have thought if be entitled to a full refund as the wheels arent fit for purpose

If I bought them from a private individual I'd be at a total loss, but I'd have thought the consumer act protects me fro that when buying from a business?

Let me know what you think

Hi mate
Thanks for the quick reply
It's very much appreciated

In answer to your questions.....

ant_8u said:
I've called the company I bought the wheels from
They said the manager is out today, but they will pass the message on and ask him to call me when they're available. They were very nice to me and it sounded like they genuinely want to help me resolve things

OK, so depending on what kind of set up they are... they will either say "send them back, we will refund you for the wheels". if you are lucky, you will get your other (carriage etc) costs back.

If they are complete ***** (and trust me, i know of a company that are) they will say "when we sent them to you, they were fine.... for all we know, your wheel painters have dropped them / damaged them or they have been damaged by the couriers YOU used to send them to Lepsons".

ant_8u said:
I bought the wheels from a business via eBay
Since I bought them from a business and not a private individual I am entitled to a full refund as they're not fit for purpose - but I doubt they'll pay for return deliver, so that's what's stopping my sending them back just yet

^^ Yes, but it could end up a sticky mess via ebay resolution centre / paypal. Remember ebay & paypal still have to listen to the seller and although it is geared towards protecting the buyer, the seller can still argue that the wheels were ok when they sent them to you, and since then, they have been with a 3rd & 4th party (courier and painters).

Anyway, if they agree they are faultly then surely they need to take the hit, after all they are the business, not you. Cant see why you should foot the bill of they sent you unfit for purpose merchandise.

ant_8u said:
The seller said the wheels weren't cracked, bent, or kerbed at all
I didn't inspect them before I bought them, but gave them a good looking over when they arrived, and they looked fine
I cant imagine them saying anything else really. I wonder if they had them up on a wheel balancing machine BEFORE they sent them out to you??? How do they know they were not bent or kerbed at all? I cant imagine Lepsons making that stuff up.

ant_8u said:
Lepsons have said they look straight and true and you'd never know there was a problem until you put them on the machines

Lepsons are correct. You cant simply 'look' at a wheel and tell if it is bent / straight / true or not. It has to go on the balancing machine and spun around.

ant_8u said:
PeterS said:
ant_8u said:

Hi Peter
What makes you think that?

I would have thought if be entitled to a full refund as the wheels arent fit for purpose

If I bought them from a private individual I'd be at a total loss, but I'd have thought the consumer act protects me fro that when buying from a business?

Let me know what you think

That was my point.

Return them and you should get a full refund.

You won't get a refund of the delivery costs to Lepsons. You will lose this. I believe that your idea of getting two wheels refurbed, to sell as two wheels, will lose you more money.

Therefore sending them back for a refund seems IMO like your least loss, and the route I would take.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back