Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Discounts ?

franki68

Hello there.

I've been debating the 'buy a 991s' for a while now,but I noticed on another forum a few people claiming they had got some substantial discounts on new 991s,up to 10k off list price in some cases.

Has anyone here heard similar or had a similar result ?

Ex demonstrators held by OPC's will go for less. Make enquiries on that basis, they will have a smal amount of miles on them but those miles might not have been accrued sympathetically.

Otherwise shop around, haggle, don't ask don't get.

pzero said:
Ex demonstrators held by OPC's will go for less. Make enquiries on that basis, they will have a smal amount of miles on them but those miles might not have been accrued sympathetically.

Otherwise shop around, haggle, don't ask don't get.

+1 Good advice. Btw Frankie, welcome to 911uk.

~ Maxie :thumbs:

franki68 said:
Hello there.

but I noticed on another forum a few people claiming they had got some substantial discounts on new 991s,up to 10k off list price in some cases.

People claim all sorts on t'internet, he was asked to prove his claim but he couldn't, and I think later he said they gave him a better price for his trade in.

If you purchase a showroom car that's unregistered you will obviously receive a larger discount than a 'new order' and that's where a lot of these claims lay.

I obtained a small cash discount + free floor mats/ full tank of fuel, this was after visiting various dealers, some just did not want to give anything free!

Tony 991S said:
franki68 said:
Hello there.

but I noticed on another forum a few people claiming they had got some substantial discounts on new 991s,up to 10k off list price in some cases.

People claim all sorts on t'internet, he was asked to prove his claim but he couldn't, and I think later he said they gave him a better price for his trade in.

If you purchase a showroom car that's unregistered you will obviously receive a larger discount than a 'new order' and that's where a lot of these claims lay.

I obtained a small cash discount + free floor mats/ full tank of fuel, this was after visiting various dealers, some just did not want to give anything free!

I'm still sceptical of the original claim but...
A few others said similar though,one said 8% off his built to order,another a delivery miles car at a 10k discount,hence the question on here.

i had a fabulous deal on mine i have to say. Im on my 4th 911 now from OPC Leicester. Cant fault the service and they look after you.

That's me you're talking about Tony and I didn't respond to a sggestion that I post my invoice online because its not my job to help others negotiate better deals for themselves. They can bloomin' well do their own legwork.

My 10% saving was made up of a substantial discount off list plus a surplus added to the P-Ex on my GTS. That's the way to do it with Porsche. You can't achieve the same without a Porsche to trade in, I'm afraid. You also have to play several dealers off against eachother over the course of a week of hard negotiation. After 3 or 4 days one of them usually caves in and then the others follow in a big rush and suddenly you're £4k better off than you were the day before.

just to say i had no p/x involved in my deal just a decent dealer that knew i was serious in buying and if he couldnt do me a deal he knew i would just go to the next opc. I saved a wedge :D

Buying a Porsche

:bandit: :bandit: franki68 , there are good discounts out there but Porsche , are not one to let too many people know that . Take your time , keep trying and make friends with a few of the sales managers , let them know you will only buy on a good deal . Cuba :bandit:

I have heard of £10K discounts, but not actually seen that level on a deal I have financed yet.

My opinion is that full list is too much for this car, nothing wrong with the car, I just think they priced themselves out of their traditional market.

I really want a 991 but my target price will be mid to late 60's for a C2S PDK sometime next year, which I think will be achievable. And on that basis paying £90K new for one would be slightly bonkers. And this coming from a man that has only ever bought new cars and in the case of my 997, at full list.

They can bloomin' well do their own legwork.

Tis is not better to share, that's what I thought the forum was all about :?:
We don't need to know the nitty gritty et al... :thumb:

Ocean Blue said:
They can bloomin' well do their own legwork.

Tis is not better to share, that's what I thought the forum was all about :?:
We don't need to know the nitty gritty et al... :thumb:

I rather thought the full post you're quoting did just that - make explicit how to get the best deal. I only stopped short of posting a copy of my invoice.

I have stopped short of posting my deal details for fear of pushing the residuals down even further. As soon as it is common knowledge you can get xyz discount, the used price is immediately hammered.

All I will say is that I was shocked at how much discount I got.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back