Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The Targa is dead? Long Live the NEW Targa?

mark pearce

Just returned from my Local OPC
In the compound of new cars

991 With an GLASS electric sunroof

The 991 sunroof is now available with a glass rather than a steel panel
so you get all the benefits of the 996/7 glass roofed targa
£1530 for the glass sunroof
£1149 for a steel sunroof

Pity you couldn't take a sneaky pic or two!

~ Maxie

Maxie, I'll try and do it, visiting them tomorrow. :D

Somehow the overlapping look of the sliding roof does'nt tick the box for me.

This development has been on the 991 cards for some time (not that that undermines any "on sale" info or pics)

I think we may be seeing the demise of the Targa, by the look of the panoramic sunroof option.

The "Targa" option is now a full length smoked glass panoramic sunroof insert (standard sunroof option is body-coloured opaque panel)

detail_m653_99112.jpg

:?

I am flummoxed.

I don't understand the point of the black smoked glass bit, it looks odd.

Why not just have it all as clear glass?

Or, why not just have a body coloured roof + sunroof panel made of clear glass?

And why isn't that glass sunroof panel even full width? It has an ugly black surround or "bezel".

Doesn't this just undermine the Targa before it's even launched?

I don't get it.

Not sure there will be a "classic" Targa.

The only pictures I have seen have been unofficial artist impressions.

The dark section (or painted on standard) covers the roll-over/structural reinforcement, I can't be removed on the coupe.

Crikey, I'm going to have to lay off the Co-codamol and beer (rear-ended a week last Thursday and still not right).

Can't even remember posts I made a month ago :bonk:

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=74474

Not driven the 993 for three weeks and had to cancel the 991 loan, I'm hoping to be well enough for PowerSpeed cats by Friday.

That looks pretty awesome! Devil will be in the way they finish off the rear window, and also assume that it will still be a "manual" job to remove it and store it somewhere...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back