Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche West London - see ya!

sram

Albert Park
That's it. I've had enough of the team down there. I've moaned about them never returning voicemails in the past and it's happened again today. I phoned them at about 10 this morning and got diverted. Left a message explaining I wanted to order some parts and could someone please call me back. Nothing all day. Just tried again, this time a different person's voicemail.

Thought sod it, phoned Reading. Got through straight away to a very helpful guy named Paul. Said he was in the middle of an engine rebuild but to give him a sec to open up a new window. Asked him if they delivered stuff and he said yes for a few quid. Marvellous.

AC resistor, headlamp guides and a couple of front bumper brackets all ordered and should hopefully be with me Weds or Thurs.

Such a shame as Chiswick are just down the road from me and was the place I used to go as a kid to press my face up against their windows.

Just needed to have a rant, thanks for listening :D

Get my parts from reading now for customers & my own stuff to!!

Same old crap service at Chiswick then....SRAM you must be young as it was a ford dealer not to far in the past!!

The service was better then to!! :grin:

I have seen this in the car sales department too (not to name the OPC's).

Some of salesmen do not return calls if they think the deal is not on! I would atleast expect a feedback to see where we stood. :nooo:

fuch said:
SRAM you must be young as it was a ford dealer not to far in the past!!

No way! When you say not too far, you must be talking 20+ years ago. I used to make pilgrimages down there on my bike when it was AFN. First time I ever set foot in there was about 16-17 years ago when a friend of mine was visiting from Ireland. I would have been about 13 or 14. She used to joke that she would love a pink 911 and what pulls out of the car park as we turn up? A 'pink' 964RS. Oh yes.

Anyhow, the nostalgia will not make up for their lack of service :thumb:

Stu
:)

.....I remember when the only Porsche OPC which was then AFN was on the London Road in Isleworth.....now that is going back in time and Abarth used to on the London Road but nearer to Brentford.....

+1. When I first started driving in my v dub,past there .One day I kept saying .30 years later :)

I think AFN is the original importer, I have that sticker on my rear screen. Archibald Frazer Nash? :dont know:

When I looked for quotes and info on a retro fit S/C I phoned loads of different OPC's. Vague, uninformed and dissapointedly uninterested in the main.

Did speak to Swindon OPC on the advice of someone on here and P/Heads. First class response, asked for pope who was with a customer and got a lad called Duncan. Had a technical problem aswell by this time and he gave me solid advice but wanted to double check with some of the more experienced guy's and promised to ring me back.

Ten minutes later, as good as his word spent time explaining what he knew and gave me advice on what to do next etc, genuine helpful well meaning attitude.

That's not a swipe at other's, most tech's are doing their best in their daily grind it's the manner of some of the administrator's that put's me off.

Rob.

I've read some OPC's aren't as good as others but I feel lucky that Nottingham OPC are fantastic, always happy to help even if they don't make a penny from advice, I can't recommend them enough. I'm sure someone has had a bad experience there but I've only had good from day one of using them.
I rang West London looking for parts and they seemed disinterested.

Ocean Blue said:
I think AFN is the original importer, I have that sticker on my rear screen. Archibald Frazer Nash? :dont know:

Snap!

(and tax disc holder and, not pictured, keyring)

garage_gallery-714-1347810346.jpg

garage_gallery-714-1347810322.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikekean
Back