Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Mobile Alloy wheel repair in Northants - Anyone recommended

c4kum

Trainee
I found 3/4 very light specks/scuff marks to one of my Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.3, the question is does anybody know of a good mobile alloy wheel repairer in the Northants area, or someone who will travel to Northants

If it's just a scuff repair and not a refurb then I'm sure the mobile guys are ok?

If it's a refurb I'd go with Chris, the wheels will go to a facility, stripped to blast, paint and more importantly bake them. They will come back same as new.

If it's some guy not doing all that and just doing them in the back of a van for half the dosh - then I'd do it yourself (look at James's thread), you will spend more time on each wheel than the mobile guy, because you have the time to. And it might take days rather than the hours of those mobile vans.

But there's a reason for that.
:)

I'll take a pic of the wheel in question and post it up here, then see if it needs a full refurb or a repair, I wanna get this right 1st time and wanna avoid bodge.

Ultimately if you want this to be right then I'd go to the Team Dynamics manufacturer who can either exchange or refurb back to 100% as it left their factory. They are called Rimstock and are near Dudley. Probably as easy to send it to them, and in fairness they'll be reasonably priced.

Thanks Chris...will Rimstock really exchange it? finished work late today so I could not take any pics

c4kum said:
Thanks Chris...will Rimstock really exchange it? finished work late today so I could not take any pics

Well they make them and I'm sure they could do an exchange service....ask them.

Chris, you know those Fuchs wheels, well I understand there is a chap in the mail room who has a very attractive daughter (of age).

Do you know her favourite colour, her postal address and the cost to airmail a handwoven taffeta "Dreamcatcher" (personalised)?

Paul I'll send word to Otto....

I knew you'd come up trumps as always :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emb01
Back