Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted: whole interior!

monkeymodified

My black 993 cabriolet just had an interior fire. It started somewhere behind the dash and by the time the fire brigade turned up it was too late.
The whole dash, dials, steering wheel, etc is cooked as well as the cabriolet roof and the front seats.
I keep hoping to find a wrecked 993 where the body is smashed but the interior is ok but no luck yet. As the car is black i can buy an entire interior and swap it over, mine is/was dark red but I'll take any colour.

So if anyone has a complete interior or as much of one as possible and a cab roof too, let me know...!

Thanks

SB

Attachments

• 378356_208195622643419_51551023_n_161.jpg
    378356_208195622643419_51551023_n_161.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 1,161
Wow buddy that's pi$$er. Nasty fire, makes even more sense to carry a fire extinguisher now.
Sorry if I'm stating the obvious here, but would it not be a good idea to speak to one of the Porsche breakers such as douglas valley or Zweeden?
If your buying a complete interior, they might be willing to do a deal. :dont know:
They may also be in a better position to make up a complete set from maybe two or three cars.. Just a thought..
Good luck with getting it sorted.

You have a PM about a friend who may be able to help ;)

Sorry to see that. A word of warning, thats a massive job you've got there. When you start stripping it back you'll probably find that the damage goes back a long way. The wiring loom is most likely toast and the cause of the fire. Changing that will probably involve a huge amount of work.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yewcorner
Back