Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

1972 with 1980 sc engine ??

jarobson

Help needed, i have just bought a 1972 car but sadly it has a 1980 3litre SC in it, I was wondering if the amount of oil in the side tank is adequate to keep this engine cool enough as the spec for the SC is about 12 litres and i can only get 9.5 with the 72 oil tank??? apologies if this is a daft question as new to these motors
cheers jamie

jarobson said:
Help needed, i have just bought a 1972 car but sadly it has a 1980 3litre SC in it, I was wondering if the amount of oil in the side tank is adequate to keep this engine cool enough as the spec for the SC is about 12 litres and i can only get 9.5 with the 72 oil tank??? apologies if this is a daft question as new to these motors
cheers jamie
It probably depends on how hard you drive it. :dont know:
If you just pootle about on public roads the smaller oil volume might be adequate, but if you really use the larger engine's performance you might need to upgrade the oil cooler and/or oil volume to stop the oil temp rising unduly.

OIL COOLER FOR 1972

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE I WOULD LIKE TO KEEP THE 72 OIL RESEVOIR SO I GUESS I WILL LOOK INTO UPGRADING THE OIL COOLER AS I DONT IMAGINE I WILL BE ABLE TO KEEP TO A STEADY POOTLE ALL THE TIME.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back