Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC Byfleet - Thumbs Up

Jam911

I have just had the the ECU and Earth Strap replaced on my car by OPC Byfleet.

ECU replaced due to a central locking problem

Earth Strap due to a hot starting issue.

I would like to report on the experience.

I had previously taken the car to West London to fix the central locking. They didn't find a problem and told me I needed new wipers, what are they some dodgy MOT center?

I emailed them to say the locking issue was not fixed and that they needed to have another look at the car. They said they would ring to arrange a booking.

At the same time, due to advice here on 911UK, I also emailed Byfleet and told them about the issue.

Byfleet responded almost immediately and we had a email conversation re the problem. I booked the car in and they arranged for a Cayenne for the duration of the repair.

The day before I dropped the car in for repair I emailed Byfleet and asked them to look at the hot starting Earth Strap issue whilst they had the car in.

They responded saying they would make sure they had a replacement strap in stock to fit to my car at the same time as fixing the central locking.

I have just collected my car and I am impressed with the way I was dealt with at Byfleet.

All repairs were carried out under Warranty and they didn't advise me of any extras that may need doing that were not carried out under the Warranty.

OPC West London STILL haven't bothered to call...

Talk about chalk and cheese

Byfleet are enthusiastic about Porsches and so am I, so I know who I will be trusting my pride and joy to in the future.

Byfleet all the way !!!!

Byfleet were a Porsche independant up until 2009 I believe when they became an OPC and have always been popular amongst the 911uk crowd. Could explain their dedication to Porsches more than at other places.

~ Maxie

http://www.porschehost.com/home.asp?opc=41

They're great, they're completely out of the way for me but I travel over from central London whenever I need anything doing :thumbs:

+1 Recommendation!
I learnt of WB from reading these posts. I drove to see them on Monday to book an MOT and discuss a few issues. The car refused to start when I went to leave due to a completely failed battery so they kept it anyway.
I picked it up today after they had replaced the battery, found and fixed a dashboard rattle, carried out a fuel pump recall fix, checked an oil/fuel query and done the MOT. On top of that the car, which had been shamefully dirty, was sparkling clean.
They did an excellent job very quickly, despite it being unplanned. In addition they are knowledgeable enthusiasts which really helps when discussing service issues, etc..

Good to know they do MOT's too

Just had some warranty work carried out by OPC West Byfleet. This is the third time I have been to them and all I have is praise for their work .
:bow:

I had my six year service by them too a few months ago and wouldn't hesitate recommending them. They aren't my closest OPC but I have to say that the level of service they provide is fantastic.

Good work gents.

:thumbs:

My car's due to go to OPC WB next week, and whilst I expect the service to be excellent, I shall report back here shortly...

Can only agree, I had a few issues with my car early on and they have been superb. I live near to another OPC but always beat a path to Byfleet for warranty renewal and servicing. A great business.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back