Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Finally got it! (Pictures)

It sounds fantastic, congratulations :thumbs: . The interior really makes my 996 look like a dinosaur, I can only imagine how it must make the pipe and slipper boys feel :dont know:

MC

Fantastic car, best colour in my opinion, well done and enjoy.
:thumb:

aak said:
Thanks for the big print squire :wink:

How did it feel in comparison to the cayman? I'm thinking of getting a 997 gt4s as my next purchase......problem is that they are not far off demo 991 money! What to do!!?!?

haha, yeah the leap from "normal" to "large" text was bigger than expected. Thought it would make a larger block of text a bit more readable though :puh: Compared to the cayman id say firstly that its a lot smoother to drive and much more refined over all. Definitely prefer the looks of it over the cayman although both are good looking cars. The handling difference of rear engine vs mid really isnt noticeable on the public highways and there isnt much between them dimension wise either. The 991 is maybe a bit taller and an inch or two longer. Had sport chrono on the cayman and it was used once in 3 years and launch control wasnt touched, hence its omission from the 911 - standard sport button now anyway. Of course its a big jump in power for me also: 265 to 350 which is nice but then again the 265 was too much to be legally used on the roads anyway and it was never tracked.

The gt4s vs a 991. Well i havent driven a 997 chassis so cant really offer much of an opinion there. Both interiors are nice, but the 991 feels more "encapsulating" may be the best way to put it. Looking at the tech details of the gt4s there doesnt seem to be all that much difference performance wise between the 3.4 991 and the 3.8 in the gt4s. Think its about 0.2 seconds to 60 faster (pdk) and about 8 mph greater top speed. So if performance is your main concern, perhaps look at a demo 991 S. The main thing if they are at a similar price point, is whether you want the new chassis or not. Personally i think the 991 is a fantastic drive and perhaps the main off put for people is the electro-mech steering, although i don't see anything wrong with it myself. If it were me id go 991, but then again im a bit bias :thumbs:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back