Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Locking wheel nut

Zantaz

Suzuka
Hi all
What's the normal location of the locking wheel nuts in a 997?

Thanks

Zantaz said:
Hi all
What's the normal location of the locking wheel nuts in a 997?

Thanks

One on each wheel. :)

I think you are referring to the fact that most of the people who have thought about it at all tend to put the lock-nut or bolt adjacent to (or is it diametrically opposite to?) the valve,

either:
- to make the lock-nuts easier to locate if you find yourself changing wheels under less-than-ideal conditions (i.e., at night on the hard shoulder in heavy rain),

or:
- to satisfy their OCD.

For the same reasons the wheel centre caps should naturally also be correctly aligned.

Hmmm, just had some new tyres fitted. I urgently need to go out to the garage to check that caps and nuts are all in the right positions, otherwise I won't sleep tonight.

:eek:

Phew! Just as well I checked. The centre caps on the two wheels with new tyres were not aligned. :oops:
And the "odd" bolt holes on my wheels are diametrically opposite the valve hole.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back