Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911uk CATDT - Cornering Masterclass - 22/7/12 & 11/8/12

Ahhh is that the Germanic spelling!! :dont know:

jw1000m is all paid up so the group is complete. Packs went out last night to all bar jw1000m, but yours will be in the box this evening.

Look forward to seeing you all on Sunday week.

Sunday 22nd July 2012
1.911turbo996 - Chris = Paid in full
2.AntBlain - Ant = Paid in full
3.Pzero - Malcolm = Paid in full
4.dodgyfocus - Tony = Paid in full
5. jw1000m = Paid in full
6. JAD - John = Paid in full

Reserves

11th August will definitely be going ahead - just need 911uk to pay, then your confirm packs will be in the post. & if anyone else would like to join the day, you'll be very welcome.

Saturday 11th August 2012
1.Matsle1ght - Mat = Paid in Full
2. Bealo = Paid in Full
3. 911uk - 911uk

Reserves

Jo

Thanks Jo, info received this morning. :thumb:

Well I've spoken to the weather gods and am pleased to report that they will be shining kindly on us for Sunday. Sun cream at the ready as well as your sun glasses - 22 degrees with blue sky all day - hoorah at last :thumbs:

For 11th August, I am capping the day with the 3 of you already signed up, as I have another client wishing to take a 1-2-1 full day. They are a fellow Porsche enthusiast, so you'll be in good company over lunch.

Look forward to seeing the Sunday crew at the gate for 08:45 hours - please be prompt.

Saturday 11th August 2012
1. Matsle1ght - Mat = Paid in Full
2. Bealo = Paid in Full
3. 911uk - 911uk

Reserves

Sunday 22nd July 2012
1.911turbo996 - Chris = Paid in full
2.AntBlain - Ant = Paid in full
3.Pzero - Malcolm = Paid in full
4.dodgyfocus - Tony = Paid in full
5. jw1000m = Paid in full
6. JAD - John = Paid in full

Reserves

Jo

CATDT said:
Well I've spoken to the weather gods and am pleased to report that they will be shining kindly on us for Sunday. Sun cream at the ready as well as your sun glasses - 22 degrees with blue sky all day - hoorah at last :thumbs:

Jo

Great, top down motoring with any luck. Makes a change from the horizontal rain we had last time!

If anyone is staying over on Saturday night and fancies a beer then let me know.

CATDT said:

Hooray! :heat:

CATDT said:
Look forward to seeing the Sunday crew at the gate for 08:45 hours - please be prompt.

Boo! Another 05:30 start for me... :nooo:

:thumb:

Looking forward to it.

Car on way back from RPM with new springs, new top mounts an oil change and a complete geometry set-up done...

All in the vain hope that it will make the fat ginger bloke go around corners quicker!

:thumb:

Jo, Colin, Paul

Thanks again for another amazing training day. Despite learning a huge amount about 911s, their capabilities / characteristics / limitations on the first driver training day, this course really did develop and extend that knowledge.

The content, format and delivery of the material was super and the instructors (and other participants from this forum) were great. :thumb:

Thanks for being so patient with my (dumb) questions.

I'll follow up privately on a couple of things but once again I feel that a day spent with you at Millbrook is not only hugely enjoyable but tremendous value in terms of getting more out my car and more out of my driving. The improvements to my speed, safety and skill are significant.

Jo - can you email all the lap times please.
Malcolm (and others) - can you email me any photographs you got of me today (pm me if you haven't got my email address).

Guys, thanks for making it a fun day. I might be having to 'upgrade' my car sooner than I thought though not through my choice!

Well said John,

Jo a huge thanks to you for epic organising skills... To Colin and Paul for demonstrating that there is no point in having the car unless you have/learn a bit of skill to go with it (if you have not been on a CATDT course you have to go to see how fast a Ford Focus can go with them at the wheel!).

A great group from here that I met - thank you for making a newbie feel welcomed..!

It was an amazing day - I cannot recommend it highly enough. The teaching, in classroom and on track, is well thought out and follows clear steps for learning how to get the very best from your car.

Not just drive fast, but drive smoothly and in control plus understanding where the limits are and how to recognise them.

If you haven't done it - just book it. Best upgrade you can do for your car :thumb:

Once again; great day - great facilities (Millbrook), great trainers (all of the CAT team) and great company (fellow 911UK-ers). :thumb:

Really really worthwhile - I never in a million years thought I'd be confidently trail-breaking into corners in a 911, and although I've still got a long way to go I'm getting more confident and itching to get out on track thanks to Colin and the guys at CAT. Recommended to anyone... :thumb:

Oh and Chris - thanks again for organising this and the other 911UK CAT day(s), I think we all really really appreciate it fella... :worship:

Attachments

• img_0532_299.jpg
    img_0532_299.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 104
Colin and Jo Hoad and Paul, thank you again for a terrific day. I thought the first course I attended in April was exceptional but yesterday surpassed that.
The previous comments regarding course content, delivery and professionalism are all echoed and I would thoroughly recommend CATD courses to anyone.
Thanks to all the forum guys that I met on the day.
Ant your car is ridiculously clean, hope your journey back to Manchester wasn't too bad and congrats on winning the bubbly.
Chris, thanks for setting the ball rolling for us all earlier in the year, without the nudge that you posted up on the forum I may not have done any of this.
John, good to meet up again, glad the weather was kind so that you had the chance to go topless for the day.
Tony, good to meet you, catch up again some time.
Jason, what can I say, it's great to meet up with a ginger who has a sense of humour, look forward to meeting you again.
I haven't had a chance to look at the pics properly yet, I will do that this evening and post up any deemed good enough.

Heaps of fun, loads of fun - Hoads of fun!
:worship:

"Hoads of Fun"
- that has to be the quote of the 8 years we've been trading. Hilarious and perfect pzero :worship: Watch out for new marketing materials appearing near you :lol:

Well we've waited all year for the weather and it was perfect for drivers with open tops - trust you didn't look like a belisha beacon JAD by the time you got home 8)

Congratulations to the winners on the day:

Consistency Challenge = AntBlain
Driver of the Day = 911Turbo996
Slidey Choc = Dodgyfocus

It was great to see you all again and to meet jw1000m - a great enthusiastic bunch making a very enjoyable day for all of us.

Below are the Consistency Challenge times. Remember it was about consistency NOT speed, so whatever pace you set yourselves was the one you felt you could repeat consistently - the point of the exercise :thumb: Some also took time to get into their rhythm with latter laps showing VERY good consistency.

AntBlain
54.99 / 55.16 / 55.50 / 55.28 / 55.31 = Difference 0.51

911Turbo996
54.45 / 53.78 / 53.69 / 53.41 / 54.44 = Difference 1.04
laps 2-4 = 0.37 diff

JAD
57.80 / 56.32 / 57.06 / 57.09 / 57.00 = Difference 1.48
laps 3-5 = 0.09 diff :worship:

jw1000m
52.99 / 51.43 / 52.44 / 52.25 / 52.94 = Difference 1.56
laps 3-5 = 0.69 diff

Dodgyfocus
62.18 / 62.81 / 64.62 / 63.25 / 62.75 = Difference 2.44

pzero
62.68 / 58.68 / 54.63 / 54.84 / 54.53 = Difference 8.15
laps 3-5 = 0.31 diff

There were also various excuses about pigeons, tractors and durability cars - but none of them were needed as you can see.

Enjoy the sunshine Chaps and safe driving. Look forward to seeing you again somewhere soon :D

Jo

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robertcloftus
Back