Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Whats wrong with this picture

911BlackEd

Nurburgring
As you will see, the waterproofing has only been applied to half the roof. I noticed this a few weeks ago, was going to re-proof myself, then decided why should I, it should have been done at the factory.

Car goes into OPC yesterday, they are going to clean the roof, and re-proof, great. But no, Porsche AG themselves get involved, and now the whole roof assembly is being replaced.... :nooo:

Be interesting if any other Cab owners have had the same on theirs?

Attachments

• roof_716.jpg
    roof_716.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 4,253
Porsche, there is no substitute...

:?:

911BlackEd said:
As you will see, the waterproofing has only been applied to half the roof. I noticed this a few weeks ago, was going to re-proof myself, then decided why should I, it should have been done at the factory.

Car goes into OPC yesterday, they are going to clean the roof, and re-proof, great. But no, Porsche AG themselves get involved, and now the whole roof assembly is being replaced.... :nooo:

Be interesting if any other Cab owners have had the same on theirs?

Probably want to send it back to supplier to check what went wrong in the production process, to try to ensure that it doesn't happen again.

Perhaps they will let you have one of these out of the Driver's Selection catalogue?

3627_large.jpg

PS - I understand the 992 will be a cracker :thumb:

Well, I already have one of these which comes in handy for cycling to and from the OPC....

Attachments

• bike_122.jpg
    bike_122.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 4,228

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back